Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Question

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CO Question

I am confused about this charge off and its effect on the scoring. In the Exp the balance shows as "-"  and  CO every month. In TU balance shows as $0 and Is it effecting my score. However the balance is showing as 0 and no CO. I am wondering is it effecting my score on EX.

CO.png

5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CO Question

Looks like its just stating it was charged off until it falls off. No balance so you must have settled/paid. Or the OC was paid and sold it to a collection agency who owns the account. The CO status is affecting your score until fall off. But since theres no balance it isnt affecting your total util % any longer.

Message 2 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Looks like its just stating it was charged off until it falls off. No balance so you must have settled/paid. Or the OC was paid and sold it to a collection agency who owns the account. The CO status is affecting your score until fall off. But since theres no balance it isnt affecting your total util % any longer.

Yes but it should've stopped updating when it got paid off.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Yes but it should've stopped updating when it got paid off.

Oh yeah. Duh. Looks like a dispute is in order.

Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks @FireMedic1 and @OmarGB9 for your input. I am really confused. Though it is not effecting the Util but the continued show as CO will make FICO hold my scores. I am not sure how do I even start the dispute and what wording I should put in the dispute. I might have to put it on all 3 TU/EX/EQ. I am not going to apply for any new credit in the near future but would like to clean things up. I appreicate any suggestions you might have on how to phrase my dispute.

Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just say what I mentioned: the account should have stopped updating after it was paid. If you have a final payment confirmation, even better. Submit that along with the dispute. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.