Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO reporting question

tag
mebell
Regular Contributor

CO reporting question

So the last 2 baddies on all my reports is 2 COs. Both have been PIF to CA, which they removed. The COs are with BOA and HSBC. BOA is reporting a $0 balance and HSBC is reporting "Not Reported" for the balance. Why exactly do you think they would report it this way? Could that be worse then having $0 as reported, which would be the correct reporting?

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CO reporting question

@mebell wrote:

So the last 2 baddies on all my reports is 2 COs. Both have been PIF to CA, which they removed. The COs are with BOA and HSBC. BOA is reporting a $0 balance and HSBC is reporting "Not Reported" for the balance. Why exactly do you think they would report it this way? It is what they chose and it wont affect the way the account is scored by FICO.

Could that be worse then having $0 as reported, which would be the correct reporting? No

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CO reporting question

They cannot chose not to update the balance to $0 once paid.  It is a requirement of the FCRA.

Any furnisher is required under FCRA 623(a)(2) to promptly update any prior reporting so as to reflect its current accuracy.

Their could be an impact upon a manual review of your CR, as it would raise potential questions as to the status of the debt.

Reporting $0 enters their own statement into the file that the debt has been satisfied.  Thus, I dont consider it trivial.

I would call and remind them of ther obligation to have promptly updated their reporting.  Most likely simply an oversight.

I would not dispute unless they fail to address informally, and correct in their next reporting cycle.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.