Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO settlement - Citi - Santandar

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CO settlement - Citi - Santandar

I am trying to get some of the COs cleared. Does any one have any experience in dealing CO with Citi, Santandar, BlissPay ?

10 REPLIES 10
MI-Aviator
Established Member

Re: CO settlement - Citi - Santandar

My Citi accounts were both dealt with Credit Control anything in particular you're looking for? 

Message 2 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I had a Citi account COd and sold to PRA, so naturally once I settled with PRA, it came off my reports. Citi deleted their original TL.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As you know getting a CO removed is next to impossible. You know how by GW letters. Omar is the only 1 I've heard of a Citi CO removal.

Message 4 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@MI-Aviator wrote:

My Citi accounts were both dealt with Credit Control anything in particular you're looking for? 

Hi @MI-Aviator, I am sending you a PM. Please reply to me.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a charge-off with Citi that was kept in house. I made a settlement offer right after it was charged off, they accepted and then sent the agreement to me in writing. They told me I could pay it off in installments but I chose one lump sum.
Message 6 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

As you know getting a CO removed is next to impossible. You know how by GW letters. Omar is the only 1 I've heard of a Citi CO removal.

Just to clarify, I did not request or make any sort of deal with Citi. They deleted their TL on their own upon selling the debt to PRA. I never had any contact with them; I never even saw the original CO'd TL on my reports. By the time I started working on my credit, their TL was long gone.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Just to clarify, I did not request or make any sort of deal with Citi. They deleted their TL on their own upon selling the debt to PRA. I never had any contact with them; I never even saw the original CO'd TL on my reports. By the time I started working on my credit, their TL was long gone.

I guess lenders are removing their accounts from credit report once they sold them to outside party. However Citi/BestBuy did not remove it from my report even after they sold to PRA. I guess it depends on lender and the account and company they sold to.

Message 8 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I guess lenders are removing their accounts from credit report once they sold them to outside party. However Citi/BestBuy did not remove it from my report even after they sold to PRA. I guess it depends on lender and the account and company they sold to.

Yea I'm not sure how they decide when to/not to remove their own OC reporting. I'm just glad they removed it. It's one less CO'd TL.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as Santander is concerned I would send 9 dispute referencing the class action settlement and seeif they just remove it

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.