Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO settlement / payment arrangment

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CO settlement / payment arrangment

Right now COs are reporting every month and holding the scores on my reports. If we make a settlement / payment arrangment on the COs will they stop reporting every month and stop hold the scores ? Or will they continue reporting the late/CO every month ? What is the effect of making the settlement / pay off agreement on CO accounts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO settlement / payment arrangment

As you pay it down, the amount owed will be reported as being brought down, but it will continue to be CO until it is completely paid off and then it will reflect paid charge off or paid charge off, settled for less.
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Once it shows 0 balance per CRA rules monthly updating is to cease.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Right now COs are reporting every month and holding the scores on my reports. If we make a settlement / payment arrangment on the COs will they stop reporting every month and stop hold the scores ? Or will they continue reporting the late/CO every month ? What is the effect of making the settlement / pay off agreement on CO accounts?

I have a few accounts like this.

They still report "CO" every month, but the "last payment date" and "last payment amount" are current and correct.

The thing is, I am glad they do not change it to green check marks or "ok", as in positive reporting history, because that would negate the DoFD.

As mentioned above, once you finish the payment plan/arrangement, it will update to $0 and then stop reporting monthly.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I call and set up a payment arrangement, does that restart the clock if you are out of the SOL? I do not want to open myself up to legal trouble because all of mine are out of SOL (3 yrs in my state) but still updating for about 3 years. I am in that terrible grey area!

And if I want to set up a payment arrangement, should I call on the phone or send a letter? If I call, should I stick with a script (ie, do not admit it is mine, ask to set up payment arrangement)?

Any help would be awesome. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the state, but most states, reaffirming the debt or making a payment does restart the SOL. Sorry.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.