cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLECTION FREE!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

COLLECTION FREE!

I started my rebuild as of 1/4/19 with 11 total collection accounts across all 3 bureaus. As of today, I have 0 across all 3 bureaus! Very excited! My collections included the following:

 

Citibank - $261

Cavalry Portfolio - $454

Jefferson Capital  - $151

Midland Funding (x2) - 2232

Nationwide Credit - $94

Portfolio Recovery (x5) - $3875

 

MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN




12 REPLIES 12
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!

That's awesome to hear great job there! Curious, have you pulled fresh scores to see how much your credit improved by any chance?

Message 2 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!

The scores in my sig are current. They show start and as of last week. Not a huge jump because I have a 120 late on my report from Credit One that they will not GW off my report. It's killing me.

MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN




Message 3 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!

Congratulations I hope I have the same luck.






Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge




Message 4 of 13
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!


@mmajer4211 wrote:

The scores in my sig are current. They show start and as of last week. Not a huge jump because I have a 120 late on my report from Credit One that they will not GW off my report. It's killing me.


That's unfortunate. Still good work on cleaning up the rest of your report for some that's really difficult to do and you did in such a short amount of time at that.

Message 5 of 13
Super Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!

Congratulations on your successes!

 

Keep sending those GW letters, eventually you’ll hopefully find someone who decides to do it for you! Smiley Happy



01/2019:
1/2020:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 6 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!


@simplynoir wrote:

@mmajer4211 wrote:

The scores in my sig are current. They show start and as of last week. Not a huge jump because I have a 120 late on my report from Credit One that they will not GW off my report. It's killing me.


That's unfortunate. Still good work on cleaning up the rest of your report for some that's really difficult to do and you did in such a short amount of time at that.


I actually got really lucky that all of the collections on my account were PFD. I had 1 or 2 more that weren't reporting but decided to pay anyway just for a clear conscious.  All in all, it cost me around $12k which I believe it was money well spent. Now if I could just get that Credit One removed...

 

It's weird too because Credit One closed the account that was 120 past due, I sent them a GW after I paid it, they denied it but then offered a reinstatement of the account which I took. I'm hoping after a few months maybe they'll give in.

MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN




Message 7 of 13
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!


@mmajer4211 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@mmajer4211 wrote:

The scores in my sig are current. They show start and as of last week. Not a huge jump because I have a 120 late on my report from Credit One that they will not GW off my report. It's killing me.


That's unfortunate. Still good work on cleaning up the rest of your report for some that's really difficult to do and you did in such a short amount of time at that.


I actually got really lucky that all of the collections on my account were PFD. I had 1 or 2 more that weren't reporting but decided to pay anyway just for a clear conscious.  All in all, it cost me around $12k which I believe it was money well spent. Now if I could just get that Credit One removed...

 

It's weird too because Credit One closed the account that was 120 past due, I sent them a GW after I paid it, they denied it but then offered a reinstatement of the account which I took. I'm hoping after a few months maybe they'll give in.


Yep, just keep asking and hope you get an agent/CSR that will be able to do something for you. Try not to keep the CreditOne card open for too long if that's your reason for doing it. Paying fees for a card like that kills my soul a little lol.

Message 8 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!


@simplynoir wrote:

@mmajer4211 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@mmajer4211 wrote:

The scores in my sig are current. They show start and as of last week. Not a huge jump because I have a 120 late on my report from Credit One that they will not GW off my report. It's killing me.


That's unfortunate. Still good work on cleaning up the rest of your report for some that's really difficult to do and you did in such a short amount of time at that.


I actually got really lucky that all of the collections on my account were PFD. I had 1 or 2 more that weren't reporting but decided to pay anyway just for a clear conscious.  All in all, it cost me around $12k which I believe it was money well spent. Now if I could just get that Credit One removed...

 

It's weird too because Credit One closed the account that was 120 past due, I sent them a GW after I paid it, they denied it but then offered a reinstatement of the account which I took. I'm hoping after a few months maybe they'll give in.


Yep, just keep asking and hope you get an agent/CSR that will be able to do something for you. Try not to keep the CreditOne card open for too long if that's your reason for doing it. Paying fees for a card like that kills my soul a little lol.


I agree the only reason I took it was that it was a line of credit ($1200) aged a few years without a HP. Thankfully I was just approved for a Capital One Platinum that is unsecured and I opened a Fingerhut account as well. I was prequalified for the Discover It Secured but just haven't pull the trigger yet. I'll probably do so this week since that card will graduate.

MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN




Message 9 of 13
New Contributor

Re: COLLECTION FREE!

Congrats on the success! Look at you're signature. OVER 100 Points. Keep going, and keep building! That is a lot of progress.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.