cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFUSION ABOUT CREDIT SCORE & who approves with vantage scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONFUSION ABOUT CREDIT SCORE & who approves with vantage scores?

I have recently got my vantage credit score up about 30 something points in the last month. but how does that translate to fico scores?

I am not sure of the best place to check my fico score or if myfico is the only place, but I need a comparison to this vantage score.

my vantage score is showing 623. I am excited about that. but which companies (loan or credit) use vantage scores only for approvals?

also any recommendation on which of those companies should I approach with a vantage score of 623?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CONFUSION ABOUT CREDIT SCORE & who approves with vantage scores?

I don't know who uses Vantage scores, but I can tell you from experience that you can't predict your Fico scores from it. Creditchecktotal has a 7 day trial for $1 and will show you your Fico 08 scores for all 3 CRAs.
Message 2 of 8
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Yah get your real FICO scores from CCT.

Message 3 of 8
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

I've applied for many credit cards over the last three years, some approved, some denied.  Not one of them used a Vantage score to make a decision.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been talk that CapOne uses a vantage score, but that is the only time I have EVER heard of it maybe even possibly being used

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1's newly branded "Credit Tracker' uses Vantage Score 3.0 for that service. But I have read here that they use different scoring models for subprime vs. prime also, but neither of those are VS3.0. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I did check CCT and my scores are EX: 614 TU: 577 EX: 613.

Any idea which companies offer a higher line of credit with my scores?

Message 7 of 8
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

You can get in with Capital One with those scores and they will grow in a year or two.  But I'd be very surprised if anyone gave much of a limit with those scores without a previous good relationship.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.