cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONN's

Established Member

CONN's

Has anyone successfully had a CONN's account deleted from their credit report. If so, do you have any tips for having the item removed from their credit report.

Thanks in advance for your help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Community Leader
Legendary Contributor

Re: CONN's

Can you provide details regarding the account, such as the reported derogs and current status, such as still delinquent or paid?

Message 2 of 6
Established Member

This account is delinquent and has been charged off. I am not sure who the collection agency is, but I would like to arrange a PFD. I was wondering if anyone has had success with getting CONN's removed from their credit report?
Message 3 of 6
Community Leader
Legendary Contributor

If the OC has sold a debt to a debt collector after charge-off, then you no longer have the option to offer the OC a pay for delete as a means to get their deletion of the reported charge-off.

Does CONN's still own the debt?

Message 4 of 6
Established Member

I'm not sure who owns the debt.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Community Leader
Legendary Contributor

If a creditor sells the debt, they are requried to promptly update their reporting to show $0 balance.

What does the current balance show?

If no debt collector has contacted you or reported to a CRA and/of the creditor has not updated the reported balance to $0, then do you have any basis for assuming that the OC has either assigned or sold the debt to a debt collector?

Message 6 of 6