cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR updated with KD, after it was closed for a year, please advise...

tag
Jayroc80
Established Member

CR updated with KD, after it was closed for a year, please advise...

About 4 years ago, I was in no-fault car accident and my car was totaled.  Nationwide, the other driver's insurance was suppose to pay my car off but never did, and I have been fighting with them ever since.  I finally gave up a year ago, and paid the car off, but not before it was a collection account.

Credit Acceptance, never turned my account over to collection agency, and I paid them in full for the remaining balance of my loan September of 2007 and they closed my account with the status Insurance Claim/Collection Account/Paid in Full ND (no data).

I did a dispute (separately) through the three credit agencies asking that the derogatory information be removed because I was in litigation with Nationwide Insurance.

Today, I got my Experian results and the account was updated as of May 2008 with a Key Derogatory, but only for the month of May 2008.

Is there reason why this report was updated as KD, when it was already reported as paid in full? Is this something I can dispute and have corrected.

I called Credit Acceptance, but the customer service rep, told me there was no credit department and I had to fax my complaints in to the Corporate Legal Department, and stated she couldn't transfer me.
TU - 530, EX - 595, EQ - 580 10-13-2007
TU - 623, EX - 637, EQ - 648 4-25-2008
TU - 623, EX - 655, EQ - 630 5-19-2008
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: CR updated with KD, after it was closed for a year, please advise...

I dont have answers to your questions but I do have a question for you, if the other insurance company was suppose to pay off the car and never did, WHY DIDNT YOU SUE THEM???
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.