Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Requests Additional Info?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA Requests Additional Info?

After 45 days I finally got word that the CRA has deleted one of  two disputed collection accounts. That's good news as the other one is due to fall off within 6 months or so.

However, the email I got also requested that I send

1 A copy of my Driver's License
2 A copy of my SS card or W2 Form
3 A copy of a utility bill

I do not have any other disputes ongoing and I downloaded a .pdf with the result's of the two disputes.

I would like to know why the CRA needs this info now and is it to my benefit to send this info in? Is it possible they can revert the outcomes should I not send this info in? I have my doubts since I've heard that they sell this info to whoever.

Thanks in advance for responding.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CRA Requests Additional Info?

In all honesty, I wouldn't dispute a collection that is going to fall off of your report in six months. Strange things can happen and Its just not worth it.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with fused.

Just leave it alone.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's too late to leave it alone, but that isn't my question in any case. Smiley Wink

I'd like to know if it wise or necessary to send in the info that the CRA requested (license, etc). There are no more open disputes, and I don't see a need to. Is there a good reason to send these documents in to them?

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well it's too late to leave it alone, but that isn't my question in any case. Smiley Wink

I'd like to know if it wise or necessary to send in the info that the CRA requested (license, etc). There are no more open disputes, and I don't see a need to. Is there a good reason to send these documents in to them?

Actually it's not too late. I stand by my first suggestion. Don't do anything else about this. The negative will be gone in a few months anyway.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.