Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA hasn't responded to a dispute in 40 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA hasn't responded to a dispute in 40 days

I recently submitted a dispute through credit karma via Trans Union regarding one of my closed Capital One accounts. Since then Capital One stopped reporting activity on my open accounts, and has taken 40 days to respond. What should I do next?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA hasn't responded to a dispute in 40 days

Don’t dispute through CK. You are unnecessarily adding a middle man. Dispute through TU directly. Problem solved!

And welcome to MF! 😊
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CRA hasn't responded to a dispute in 40 days

A CRA is not required to provide a decision on the dispute witin 30 days.  They are requried to complete their reinvestigation within 30 days if the consumer has not sent any additional info during the reinvestigation period, and 45 days if the consumer has sent additonal info.

They then have another 5 business days, which can be up to 8 additional days if there is both a holiday and an intervening weekend, to mail the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.  If mailed, then mailing time as added in.

It is thus common for a consumer not to get the Notice of Results until 45'ish days after filing of the dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.