cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA's and negative updates...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

CRA's and negative updates...

Ugh.

NEVER fails...the CRA's will wait (in my case at least) 2 MONTHS to report positive info on my report (low utilization, increased CLI, etc) and push my score UP, but carry a balance for a week or two? BOOM!....drop that score and red flashing light alert!!! WTH?

Anyway, the rebuild continues.....I'm hoping to get into the high 650s by March so I can try to apply for a Hilton Amex card, which would be my only real card I want this year, outside a better Capital One CC, that is.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Senior Contributor

Re: CRA's and negative updates...

@comebackkid15 wrote:
Ugh.

NEVER fails...the CRA's will wait (in my case at least) 2 MONTHS to report positive info on my report (low utilization, increased CLI, etc) and push my score UP, but carry a balance for a week or two? BOOM!....drop that score and red flashing light alert!!! WTH?

Anyway, the rebuild continues.....I'm hoping to get into the high 650s by March so I can try to apply for a Hilton Amex card, which would be my only real card I want this year, outside a better Capital One CC, that is.

The CRA does not control when something updates.   That is controled by your creditors.  Your reports update when the creditor sends new information to the  CRA.  Once recieved by the CRA it is on your report. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.