cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT ONE Good Will Success ?? or Not ??? Help..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT ONE Good Will Success ?? or Not ??? Help..

Good Morning everyone. So with the advice from you guys i went ahead and emailed the CEO of Credit One regarding an old charge off that was sold to Midland. On all three of my reports it shows under Credit One. I emailed them June 9, 2018. It was a Saturday. Monday June 11 i received an email stating that they received my email and would get back to me in 3-5 days. well today, two days later. i received the following:

" Dear JAnguia,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will continue to make every effort to serve
your needs in a manner more consistent with your expectations and our high standards.
Credit One Bank received your communication dated June 9, 2018.
Due to non-payment for more than 180 days, your account charged off on July 27, 2014, with a balance
of $737.98. The ownership of the account was transferred to the agency referenced below. Since
Credit One Bank no longer has a financial interest in this account, please contact the agency listed
below to reach a mutually acceptable resolution for all parties involved:
Midland Funding, LLC
Servicer- Atlantic Credit & Finance
P.O. Box 2001
Warren, MI 48090-2001
866-898-3974
As a courtesy, our office initiated the process of removing the Credit One Bank tradeline from your
credit history; however, any derogatory reporting of this account by any other lender will need to be
addressed directly with the other lender. Please allow the consumer reporting agencies 60-90 days to
update their records. If you need to provide evidence of the requested change prior to the consumer
reporting agencies updating their records, please provide a copy of this letter.
We have provided the information to the following consumer reporting agencies:
Experian: 888-397-3742
TransUnion: 800-888-4213
Equifax: 800-685-1111 or 888-766-0008
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact our office at 800-749-
4900, Monday through Friday, between 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Sincerely,
Credit One Bank, N.A. "

question ??

1) i have an open dispute. i decided to email them after i disputed this account. will that dispute automatically close ??

2) the account reports under CREDIT ONE. on the comments says sold to Midland. will Midland find out that Credit One removed the tradeline and then they themselves report this account ??

3) i read in other forum as well as Midland account that any account that is past two years old, if paid they will automatically remove.

4) do you guys recommend that once removed from all three reporting agencies, that i should contact midland and pay before they post under their name as derrogatory account ??

please help. i feel that it was a successful but afraid what midland will do once they realize that credit one removed the tradeline. this is my last baddie. i am so excited and nervous right about now. 

any comments would be appreciated.

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
aerospaqe23
Valued Member

Re: CREDIT ONE Good Will Success ?? or Not ??? Help..

Essentially Credit One is removing the tradeline from your report but you will have to contact Midland funding directly to get them to remove the tradeline upon settlement. If it's more then two years old. They will remove the tradeline automatically

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT ONE Good Will Success ?? or Not ??? Help..

ok i get that part. but, what if i tell you that midland is not on my report at all. only credit one. so now that they have removed. i dont see midland. do you think they will realize and add themselves to my report.. i am about 1.5 yrs away from statute of limitations. if they dont show up on my report why pay it. if it does show then i have to settle and since it is older then two years they will remove. 

my question is, will they add the account to my report after credit one removes the only tradeline listed on my report. how will they find out ??

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.