Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

Hey Ditty - If you have specific questions, it's best to ask in a separate thread rather than tacking posts on a long thread. Good luck!
Message 21 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

M-

Thanks, I asked in another thread, but also copied here for part of the log.  Here is a link to the single thread where I have already seen some answers:

Message 22 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

RESPONSE RECIEVED 7-16-08 via mail from TRANSUNION...

Of 7 disputed collections... 6 deleted        SWEET!
                                            1 updated :-(  need to dv that one...  should have started with dv letters, never recieved response from pfd...

Action Taken 7-18-08 - Contacted ORCHARD to see about a credit limit increase as my credit has improved, my payment history is impeccable... 

They said too soon, but don't worry we'll regularly review and raise the limit.

I asked how regularly?

They couldn't specify, but offered me a great ten dollar a month discount program to make it easier to spend all my available credit...

I declined...  they insisted, I declined more forcefully...  *sigh*

They didn't seem to understand why I wasn't excited to spend ten bucks a month for discounts at unspecified retail outlets...  Their confidence in my intelligence might explain the low credit limit.

Major deductions in points remaining on credit report:

Multiple derogs on EXP, haven't heard response RE disputes yet...  Need to resolve PR.

Available credit is low - $299.  Still, it's 99% available, so that helps, right?

Still have lates on 2 accounts - Car loan and Student loan, no word yet on GW letters.

Last late on car was AUG 07 - soon will be more than 1 year.

Last late on Student Loan was MAR 08 - that will probably take a while to disappear. 

Most recent CA OCT 06 - Veriz__ resid___ Phon__  - awaiting response from GW letter, disputed on E & E, TU deleted.  I paid this off before I knew about PFD, my bad.

Next most recent NEMO_ Collec____ for $69 medical in 5-2005, shows unpaind on Equi (why does everything land on that one?)  I have proof of payment, need to DV...  Insurance paid, I paid copay, but still got bill.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  Paid to avoid credit issue, still got shafted.  Should have DV'd or told them to go to hel_.

Continued plan of action:

Tackle most recent first, work my way back, clear recent history.
Get moving on DV letters, follow with more CB disputes.
Work on vacating judgement.
Follow up on GW letters for lates - re-send to multiple contacts until desired response is recieved.
GET TO 700 CLUB BY JUN 2010

Message 23 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Sounds like you're on the right track. You can do it. Great progress. Congrats on the 100 point increase in a month.
Message 24 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

ACTION TAKEN 7-19-08

Action Taken 7-18-08:

Called company Rentcollec_ Corporat___ RE:

EXPERIAN REPORT shows Account from 2000 "settled for less" & has been re-aged to 2-2005, scheduled to stay on record to NOV 2011.

Spoke with collector, confirmed that I paid in full including interest (I used to be such a sucker) back in 2000.  Says it is EXPERIAN's mistake (exp "verified & updated" it when I disputed). 

Says they are sending me a letter showing paid in full as of 2000, will mail copy and another dispute to exp when I recieve it.  CA suprisingly polite and helpful; I guess they like people who actually pay.

Shafted by a roomate in 2000, paid in full plus interest to avoid this exact situation, now here I am.

Message Edited by p- on 07-18-2008 12:17 PM
Message 25 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

ACTION TAKEN 7-19-08

ACTION TAKEN 7-18-08:

Called Court from Judgement to get info on case.  Spoke with clerk, who said I need to send written request to get copies of court information. 

Mailed request for information to get info so I can have Judgement vacated:

ME

ADDRESS

XXXXX County Court

Civil Division

ADDRESS

Date:    18 JUL 2008

Re:       CASE # 978370

To Whom It May Concern:

During review of my credit report I found information referring to a judgment found against me on 9/1/2004. 

Please send me copies of any information regarding case # XXXXXX including but not limited to a summary of judgment, copies of evidentiary documents, and any proof of proper service.  My mailing address is listed above.

Also, I would appreciate any information you can give me regarding WashingtonState law pertaining to proper service.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, please contact me if you need additional information.

Best Regards,

XXXXXXX

Message Edited by p- on 07-18-2008 12:14 PM

Message Edited by p- on 07-18-2008 12:17 PM
Message 26 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

K-

Thanks for the congrats...  I'll keep updating this log, if you have any suggestions please don't hesitate.
Message 27 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

INFORMATION FOUND

INFORMATION FOUND - 7-18-08:

Just strolling about the forum and came across the boards about HIPAA.  Hmmm...  I have two medical collections, one paid I spoke about above, and another unpaid from 2004...  I may be able to use HIPAA to get one or both of these off of my credit report...  More to follow...

Message 28 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

QUALIFIED

8-10-08 - NEW ACCOUNT - qualified for standard installment financing through Yamaha for a nice 06 cruiser...  I know a new account probably won't help much right away, but I needed an installment account to round out the variety in my credit sandwich, and since I put wifey on there too, it will help her score a little once there's good payment history.  I did a fat down, so the payment is low enough (under 100) so I'll never have a late.

8-12-08 - Recieved update from Experian, one more collection removed, two left.  A couple confirmed, have to work them a little harder.  Also, logged in to my credit monitering.  For some reason, my average score is up above 650 (yay) but it doesn't show any alerts or my new report.  I think I get a new one on 8-15, I'll wait and see what pops up.  Suprised the inquiry from Yamaha didn't seem to really hurt me, we'll see how that goes.
Message 29 of 450
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: QUALIFIED

Seems like every thing is going pretty good! Keep up the good work! What monitoring service do you use?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 30 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.