Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon

@p- wrote:

Still fighting that Verizon paid collection on my report.  It is the only black mark that won't age off by the end of 2011.  If I let it stay I won't see it gone until the end of 2013!

So I tried the Executive Contact method again.  Last night I emailed the CEO and COO of Verizon home phone with a GW letter shown here:

Dear Mr.. x,

I emailed this last night, and this morning received a call from their executive customer care dept., asking for account particulars, service address, etc.  Hopefully they are able / willing to make this adjustment to their reporting.  If they look me up at V wireless they will find that I am a VIP customer, whatever that means.

I will post updates.

I received a string of emails today from various departments at Verizon Home Phone passing the buck until I received one stating:

Dear P,

Thank you for contacting Verizon's ePay.  We are in receipt of your email and will be happy to help you.
You will need to contact Verizon's Credit Reporting Department at ***-***-****.

Sincerely,

Verizon ePay

I called the number and had an interesting conversation wherein they told me that account was charged off, then paid in full, and they are reporting as paid.  She said they do not do goodwill adjustments of reporting, and essentially that they were reporting correctly. I explained that I had a report pulled today that was showing incorrect information, that it was showing payment status as "chargeoff or collection" and that it listed CO in the payment field for 12 months, even though I made and kept a 6 month payment arrangement with them.  I told her stopping reporting of inaccurate information would not be a goodwill adjustment.

She put me on hold, allegedly checked my EX report, and said they were reporting Paid.  I asked her if there was anything she could do to help me, and let her know I wanted to continue to pursue this.  I got the scripted "Is there anything else I can do for you today"  and a dialtone when I said "I guess not".

I called the executive customer care contact again, and explained what happened, reiterating that I had met the payment agreement as set.  He promised to research further and get back to me.  He also agreed to send me a copy of my account statements, payment history, and terms of my payment agreement.  I'm a little wound up after my interaction with the Verizon credit reporting department.  I think I will give the executive rep a chance to resolve my issue, hoping he can.  If that does not get them off of my report, I will go as far as I need to.

I was thinking, and please let me know if you have a better idea...  

First get the info RE: payment history, etc.  Then, send a registered letter to VZ execs, credit department, et. al. stating that they were knowingly reporting incorrect information on my CR and to cease and desist or I will pursue legal action.  I have noted names of all employees I talked to and kept copies of correspondence.  I also have my complete payment history through my bank's web billpay.

I guess after that I will file a lawsuit.

I would rather they just delete it, but as it will soon be my only baddie and stuck on my report until 2013, I am prepared to go full court press for the win on this one.

I mean dammnit, I paid them!  It was their screwup in the first place, and even though they were wrong I made payment arrangements and paid them off.  Now they want to **bleep** up my credit?  Grrrr....

...Suggestions appreciated....

Message 161 of 450
Booner72
Senior Contributor

What a mess.  Sorry, I have no suggestion, but I do have empathy.  The worst part about all of this is the ringaround we get when we call to try to legitimately take care of things.  My entire current situation is because I gave up letters and phone calls entirely.  I just threw unopened mail straight into the garbage & didn't answer the phone - for years. I've made more calls in the last month than I have in the last ten years. (that and I worked nonprofit and made no money.    GGRRRR!!!!!  is right!  I guarantee you will handle this one.  This is simple compared to all the accomplishments you've made and shared.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 162 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

What a mess.  Sorry, I have no suggestion, but I do have empathy.  The worst part about all of this is the ringaround we get when we call to try to legitimately take care of things.  My entire current situation is because I gave up letters and phone calls entirely.  I just threw unopened mail straight into the garbage & didn't answer the phone - for years. I've made more calls in the last month than I have in the last ten years. (that and I worked nonprofit and made no money.    GGRRRR!!!!!  is right!  I guarantee you will handle this one.  This is simple compared to all the accomplishments you've made and shared.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll keep you posted.

Message 163 of 450
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

If I knew I was right and I had the money to take legal action, heck yeah I would!! 

Message 164 of 450
ginger81
Established Member

I read through your whole thread last week and it's pretty inspirational... you've done good work!  Thanks for taking the time to document all of your steps, it's really helpful.

Message 165 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

@ginger81 wrote:

I read through your whole thread last week and it's pretty inspirational... you've done good work!  Thanks for taking the time to document all of your steps, it's really helpful.

Thanks.  I'm glad if it helps you at all.  Please feel free to chime in any suggestions for me too.

Message 166 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Mini App spree

So the pre-approved offers just keep rolling in, and I went on a little mini-app spree.  I accepted the USAA amex, got 3k.  They pulled Equifax if anyone is interested.  I also accepted a pre-approved offer from Capital One, for another 3k limit, and a Chase Freedom with a 2k limit.  All are no AF cash back cards, so I'll route some spending through each.  I have a few bills (Netflix, Gym membership, etc.) that like to auto-bill a credit card.  So I'll use each one this way and immediately pay off to keep a zero balance, then use more of the limit if I have a big expense like a vacation or plane tickets or something.  I figured since I sullied the inquiry line I may as well get them done, help the AAOA in the future even if it dings me now.

I also was pre-approved for Amex gold and Amex green, but the AF is crazy!  There's no way I'm paying for the right to carry those around.

It's neat to have over 9,500 in available credit now, when I was excited to qualify for 300 with Orchard at the beginning of this thread.  I know that's not a lot compared to others on this board, but it's a milestone for me.

Time to credit garden now...

Message 167 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Mini App spree

I think I'm done for now....

Message 168 of 450
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Well maybe you should send some updates or something.  I've always admired people who put their whole story in one thread and kept it going for easy reading and reference for newbies.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 169 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Well maybe you should send some updates or something.  I've always admired people who put their whole story in one thread and kept it going for easy reading and reference for newbies.

Thanks; I meant I'm done with the application spree...  I'll keep on trucking with the project.

Message 170 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.