cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRTP? When should I expect these items to be gone?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

CRTP? When should I expect these items to be gone?

We are "patiently" waiting for 2 collections to fall off my husbands report. One is scheduled to stop reporting March 2013, the other May 2013. Once both of these items fall off we were told by a company that builds new homes under USDA loans, we should have no problems getting approval. I know its 7 years plus 180 days, which would make the one that is supposed to fall off in March, fall off in August, and the one that is supposed to fall off in May, fall off in November. Is it normally really 180 days after? Does it ever happen sooner? What if the items don't come off after 7 years and 180 days? What do we do then? (by the way, they know about these 2 collections that are due to fall off and she said once they fall off we have a better chance of approval, so i'm gonna go ahead and assume the UW will not go back and look that far into the credit file to see if we have collections that stopped reporting, plus I don't think the homes are $150,000 or more)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CRTP? When should I expect these items to be gone?

Are those the dates the CRA are giving you?  If it is then that is what it will be, give or take a month.

Those CRAs do not add in the 180 days for whatever reason.  Even though they can be incorrect, they are typically within a month, one way or the other, of when they actually will be excluded.

If they are not gone, then you can dispute as obsolete.

Once those are excluded you can expect an increase in score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.