Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cach llc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cach llc

I did a settlement with cach llc on a capital one charge off that I had. They were supposed to show it as closed and settled but instead 30 days later they show it as open still and just subtracted the amount I paid.

Does anyone have a email for them so I can get this taken care of? Honestly this might work out in my favor because I'm willing to pay the remainder if they delete it but if not then I'm going to stick with the settlement they agreed on.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cach llc

If you have paper documentation of the agreement and screenshots/PDFs of the latest credit report AND proof of payment (bank screenshot/statement) I would initiate a complaint with the CFPB on the basis of inaccurate reporting. Make sure you state what happened in your own words and make it clear that this action was deceptive on the part of the CA. You will absolutely need the documentation though.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

See I didn't get a document I just started learning all this stuff and didn't know about it before. I did record the phone conversation but not sure if that helps me any.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure the recording would be somewhat helpful but I'm not quite sure how you would submit that to CFPB. You could tell them in your statement that you have an audio recording of the conversation and that you are willing to submit it to them as an audio file via email - maybe that would work. Someone else may want to chime in here.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may also want to file a BBB complaint in addition to a CFPB complaint. What they did is pretty shady. Search for BBB complaints and it will walk you through.
Message 5 of 10
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

I'm really sorry this happened to you, OP. I will PM you with 2 email addresses I have for them. I emailed them back in March requesting a GW deletion of a collection they were reporting and they immediately granted it. I really hope you have similar success is getting your reporting issue handled; as others have suggested, however, I would also definitely file a complaint.

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I wont not suggest shooting off a complaint to the CFPB until a bit more time has passed.

It is quite common, as shown by numerous posts here in the forum, for the creditor or debt collector to first send your payment to their accounting department, which records the payment and updates to the new balance = old balance - payment.

The processing then passes to a different desk to finalize the file and update the settlement to then reflect a balance of $0.

It is likely normal processing delay.

I would hold off on escalating to the CFPB as a violaltion of statute assertion.

Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Waiting a bit longer does sound like a good suggestion, as mentioned. Sometimes the process itself can drag. IT may very well be on course to be updated correctly, but the process could be slow.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd agree, particularly because CACH is one of a "family" of entities operating under a quite large umbrella.  Delays are probably quite normal in such a circumstance, for the aforementioned reason of your account having to pass across a series of desks to get through the entire process and be updated accordingly.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on your cach goodwill request simpsons1?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.