Caittts credit journey

My journey...
Cc
Myjewlers 0/5000
Amex 0/500
NFCU NREWARDS 0/1000
NFCU MORE REWARDS 314/10,000
DISCOVER IT 0/1500
CITI SECURED 0/300 (recently opened for positive credit)
INDIGO 0/200 (recently opened for positive credit)
Fingerhut 0/300
New coast direct was approved

Loans
Campus federal 826/1000
Self lender 598/1000
Recently opened a Credit Strong for $2000
Nelnet :/ 40,000

Negative
Collection-AFNI $506 for an account that is from 2013 but shows as of last year.
Capital 1 credit card 10815/10000 I am in the process of paying them back 235 monthly with no interest as agreed, due to an open judgment.
Sources receivable $1166 trying to pay sprint back but it’s been a weird situation.
Synchrony is charged off doesn’t really show the balance.

Real estate
175958/185000

I paid my cards down to zero some had balances. Me EQ only shows about 9 accounts. I have a lot of late payments, I am around 82% of on time payments.

My Fico 9 scores
EX 589
EQ 557
TU 561

Should I garden?
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Caittts credit journey

Yes garden and get rid of all those small self lender type installment loans you dont need them with SLs and a mortgage.
Message 2 of 6
Caitt
Regular Contributor

If I cancel the new cards will it recalculate my age of credit history? I got them due to adding more positives because I have a lot of late payments. How can I balance that out?
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Caitt wrote:
If I cancel the new cards will it recalculate my age of credit history? I got them due to adding more positives because I have a lot of late payments. How can I balance that out?

Dont cancel your new credit cards just the installment loans besides the SL and Mortgage that are costing you money you dont need to spend. AAoA is not affected for up to 10 years post close of any type of credit account.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also for what it’s worth, I dealt with AFNI last year. Once you pay them, they will submit to remove themselves from your credit reports automatically. It took a little over 35 days for me until the update showed on the next cycle of reporting but they said they would and they honored that. Once you pay them, their record on your reports will vanish as if it never existed.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with gdale6 - get rid of the extra loans and use those funds against your outstanding balances.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.