Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California four year limitation/Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

California four year limitation/Transunion

Hey everyone! I have zero collections on all but Transunion. One collection was bright house by CRD PRT ASSO which i believe stands for Credit Protection Associate. I moved and never knew there was a balance until a prospective employer told me about when they ran my credit. I paid it immediately and spoke to the OC. They agreed to remove it. This was about 5 years ago. Recently I took a look at my credit and saw it was still reporting on Transunion. So today I spoke to the original creditor because the debt had been paid about five years ago and they are submitting a trouble ticket to get it resolved. But I won't here back for another week or so. 

Another was ATT and the collecter was ERC. I disputed this online as I never had ATT. It was resolved and deleted. However, it still only shows on Transunion.

I recently disputed it online but they said it came back verified. How is that possible? Do they even really check? If they do how could those results come back verified?

My questions are the following:

Has anyone ever experienced issues with Transunion?

Why is Transunion the only one not making changes? Is this common?

Why is CRD PRT ASSO still reporting when this has been paid AND in California the statue of limitation to collect is four years?

Why is ERC reporting this when again it was already disputed and deleted. Why are they reporting this when again the statue of limitation is four years in CA. Plus, I did research and I read that they are no longer allowed to collect but yet they still have a website? Is it because CA doesn't require licensing to collect?

I spoke to Transunion but they wouldn't accept my other credit reports of proof. All this was years ago how could I possibly have any proof left of anything? Does anyone have an recommendations?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: California four year limitation/Transunion

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! I have zero collections on all but Transunion. One collection was bright house by CRD PRT ASSO which i believe stands for Credit Protection Associate. I moved and never knew there was a balance until a prospective employer told me about when they ran my credit. I paid it immediately and spoke to the OC. They agreed to remove it. This was about 5 years ago. Recently I took a look at my credit and saw it was still reporting on Transunion. So today I spoke to the original creditor because the debt had been paid about five years ago and they are submitting a trouble ticket to get it resolved. But I won't here back for another week or so. 

Another was ATT and the collecter was ERC. I disputed this online as I never had ATT. It was resolved and deleted. However, it still only shows on Transunion.

I recently disputed it online but they said it came back verified. How is that possible? Do they even really check? If they do how could those results come back verified?

Why is CRD PRT ASSO still reporting when this has been paid AND in California the statue of limitation to collect is four years?

Why is ERC reporting this when again it was already disputed and deleted. Why are they reporting this when again the statue of limitation is four years in CA. Plus, I did research and I read that they are no longer allowed to collect but yet they still have a website? Is it because CA doesn't require licensing to collect?

I spoke to Transunion but they wouldn't accept my other credit reports of proof. All this was years ago how could I possibly have any proof left of anything? Does anyone have an recommendations?

Did you ever have Edge wireless or Cingular wireless? Both are part of AT&T Wireless. 

You might have better luck getting it removed (if absolutely not yours) by calling and speaking with a manager. 

Could also file a complaint with the cbp.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SOL may be 4 years for them to sue you, but reporting on the 3Bs (on your CRs) is for 7 years and 6 months, max (generally around the 7 year mark).

So even though gour SOL is up, the absolutely can still keep reporting. When was the DoFD? This is the first day your payment became late (generally, the month before it became 30d late). 7 years from that will be when it "naturally" falls off.

Sorry I didn't have better news. Just because you dispute it, does not mean that they have to remove it. If it is a valid debt, they will report back "verified" and if it wasn't already reporting monthly, you can take a score hit for the newest update, because after the last time it is updating, each month your score recovers as it ages towards the 7 years and your scores slowly improve.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, I would deal first with the OC. They promised to have it removed via verbal agreement. If they refuse to remove it, then I would go through the CB that still i reporting it and for your supporting documentation, include receipt if payment (definitely if possible) and that they made a verbal agreement with you to remove it.

Lastly, disputes can remove items, but then it can backfire by the OC or CA putting it back on your reports. If it hasnt been paid, they definitely can do this. That is another risk of removal by dispute. There is always a chance it comes back. It could happen quickly or take years, but there is always a chance.

If you definitely never had AT&T for any type of service, I would do more investigating into it besides disputing. If the come back as verified, you will have to do some leg work.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.