Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Credit Reporting Delete

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Calvary Credit Reporting Delete

Calvary just bought an account of mine from Citi.  They said “if the account is eligible it may be reported to the bureaus “ whatever that means.  Citi has been reporting a charge off for a few years. 

However, they said their policy is to remove the trade own trade line within 30 days if they are reporting once the original account has been delinquent for more than two years AND the balance with them is zero ( paid in full or an agreed settled amount ).   Has anyone had experience with them deleting ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calvary Credit Reporting Delete

I haven't heard this policy from them but I sent a GW e-mail right after I paid them off and they did delete the tradeline after (even though I got a letter saying they don't delete). This might be a new policy for them perhaps. This is the policy Midland Credit uses as well. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt collector can only delete or agree not to report their own collection.

Their statements and agreements would have no effect on the prior reporting by the original creditor of the charge-off and other derogs.

If you feel that the debt collection is offering either a pay for deletion or pay for not reporting of a collection, it would be prudent if you have no clear documentation that their offer applies to your situation to first get their agreement in writing, or at least orally.  Midland has officially made a deletion policy a general contract offer, but to my knowledge, Cavalry has not.

You will still need to make a good-will request to the creditor for deletion of any derogs or of their entire OC account.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is true. They are now deleting accounts that are 2 years or more old from DOFD if it's paid or settled with them. Once it's paid, they wait 30 days and request deletion. Same thing was told to me and both my accounts with them were deleted. It's true. They are doing it. It's their company policy now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.