cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Portfolio GW

tag
Julia198307

Calvary Portfolio GW

Has anyone had luck getting a paid collection off your report? And if so could you PM me the email or address used? Thanks
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Calvary Portfolio GW

Did you get any information on Calvary? I sent them a DV for an unpaid account (OC Citifinancial)...I was planning to try to PFD the account is from 2004 or so...

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 23
Jumpin-in

New to the board. I am interested in the same info. Should I PIF first or is there any leverage to request a delete for payment ?, Thanks everyone.

My credit is like a car accident- It took a lot less time to wreck than it will to fix.
Message 3 of 23
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I had a collection with Cavalry that is no longer on my reports. I don't think I did PFD, but I paid it. This was awhile ago, but I am pretty sure that I just asked them to delete after it was paid and they said it was not a problem. It was removed pretty quickly after being paid. I would call them and talk to them about it.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 23
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Jumpin-in wrote:

New to the board. I am interested in the same info. Should I PIF first or is there any leverage to request a delete for payment ?, Thanks everyone.

I think you should send them a DV (debt validation letter) before you send them anything. If they can't verify, then they can't collect.....do that before you make them any offers.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 23
Jumpin-in

Thank you, good idea. I will post my results.

My credit is like a car accident- It took a lot less time to wreck than it will to fix.
Message 6 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Be careful with the DV.  If the debt is still within your state suing SOL and you cannot pay in full on the chance they do validate, they can sue you.

A DV, when timely, does put in place a cease collection bar but once validated they can continue to collect.   They also do not have to validate.

Message 7 of 23
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I just received my second letter from Cavalry in response to my DV. The first letter said they would investigate and get back to me in 60 days. Its now well over 30 days. The second letter I received today states that they are still attempting to validate throught the OC. The OC is HSBC. By now, everyone has heard and read all of the drama with HSBC. Cavalry also contacted the CRAs and notified them of a dispute. I contacted the CRAs and had the comments removed.

What should I do next? Just wait?? Does it really take more than 30 days to validate a debt?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 8 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they don't have anything or anyway to validate, yes, it could take a long time.

Since they have no time limit to get it done, there is little that can be done about it.

Message 9 of 23
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Okay, I'll wait it out.

Is it SOP to request documentation from the OC on a DV?   This will be interesting since HSBC is supposedly defunct...

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.