cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

Today I am easily confused lol.

Have you sent these collection agencies DV letters?  If they truly no longer have the account or are no longer collecting they should delete them after receiving the DV.

Do they update monthly?

Message 11 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

Re: Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

Experian only reflects a KD (key derogatory) in the month of May for 2013 (in the 24 mo pay history). Experian doesn't say when it was updated last like TU does. 

I have not sent DV letters yet. Since we can't pay i am afraid to awaken the devils and start to contact or demand payment. 

Message 12 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Do you know what they are for and if so, when you became delinquent with the OC and never brought the account current again?

Message 13 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

Its for an old Chase credit card. Chase closed it 4/08/08  and charged off 08/08. Whoever bought it paid 9/26/08. 1st 30 day late was 03/08.

Calvary opened their collections 2/1/13. 

Message 14 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the first 30 day late was Mar 08 and you never brought the account current, that would be the DoFD.  It would also be the starting point of your state SOL. 

What is your states SOL?  If it has expired, sending a DV won't hurt anything, as far as suing goes.

Message 15 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

SOL for SC is 3 years for credit accounts and promissory notes, 10 for written and oral accounts. So its been 5 years, good to go! Guess I'll send a DV!
Message 16 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you tried a PFD/settlement?  When they are that old sometimes they are more willing.

Message 17 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

Balance is 2065 and the most we could do is 200. Doubtful they woyrld accept that low of payment?
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.