Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Portfolio

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calvary Portfolio

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and I was wondering if anyone had any luck in removing a collections for Calvary Portfolio Services.  I have tried BBB as suggested in an earlier thread, but because I live in CA they are allowed to not have proper collections certs.  I did verification multiple times, I also paid half the debt so far via paymeny plan, but its been on halt since I've been sending them letters.    I want to know that paying this off will resolve things and I can't get them  to committ to anything.    I'm just looking for ways to get them to remove this tradeline, maybe DOFD, which I can't get from my reports.  

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calvary Portfolio

PM sent! Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got them to delete their account from my credit reports for good by actually calling them and asking for a PFD. I know you're supposed to get everything in letter before hand but I went with my gut and the guy on the phone said it would take up to 45 days for it to be removed. 

So I settled for less and paid it. Waited a week and then reported them to the BBB and CFPB lol. Within a week they updated the balance to the difference of what I paid and what was owned, and then a week later it was completely gone from all 3 CRAs. 

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

lmao Hammi hilarious, I think I'll go with that technique as a plan B.  Thanks for the advice, I will follow through.

Message 4 of 21
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Can anyone guide me with Calvary. I have a collection for 19k that popped up this past January. Ive disputed with the bureaus and they came back verified.
Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent you a pm with how I was able to handle it with all the help of these friendly ppl.  

Message 6 of 21
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Could you please PM me the Calvary techniques as well? Thank you.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done! Sweet Credit

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Done! Sweet Credit

Could you private-message me the Cavalry Portfolio Technique as well? Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

done

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.