Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary-added new collection

tag
bigjay4x4
Valued Member

Calvary-added new collection

Calvary just added a new collection showing PIF to my credit report dropping my score by 33 pts. . They have never reported before. When we saw that they pulled my crdit on 2 seperate occassions we called them and they said that they couldn't find me. Now I called them and of course they see that I had an account through one of their companies which we dealt with and paid off and they have updated it on their end already. Thet refuse to delete even though we had never even heard of them or received any contact from them. They provided me with their compliance office phone number that I need to call on Monday. Any suggestions? This is now going to prevent us from purchasing a home. HELP

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Calvary-added new collection

Plead for their good-will deletion.

Get in touch with a management official, and use the argument that such a practice is not conducive to future willingness of consumers to pay their collections.

Approach from the point of view that such a practice is not really in their overall best interest.

While reporting after the debt is paid is a pretty nasty business practice, serving no collection purpose on their part, unfortunately, it is not prohibited.

They are reporting the fact of having had collection authority, which is not negated by subsequent satisfaction of the debt.

Their reporting must show a $0 balance remaining under collection.

Message 2 of 28
bigjay4x4
Valued Member

I spoke to the compliance office and they said that they do not delete. I pleaded and begged. They suggested I contact the bureaus to ask to have removed. Apparently they had just bought the account a couple of months ago and that's why it had never been added as a collection before. I am not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 3 of 28
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Those pieces of CRAP.   I think what they are saying is this:  If you file a dispute with the cra's...they won't answer it and it will be deleted.  This seems to be a common practice for these peeps.  This gives people absolutely NO incentive to pay when this crap happens.  And it shouldn't be allowed.

As for them NOT deleting....they deleted mine, and it was not paid.  They're a YMMV kind of pond-scum company. 

Message 4 of 28
bigjay4x4
Valued Member

Agreed! Who did you talk to when they deleted yours? I am just at a loss right now. I don't have time to wait for a dispute. We are trying to buy a house before the end of summer. But it may be my only way right now after speaking with them today. The person I spoke with was a manager at the compliance office. So I don't know what to do now.
Message 5 of 28
bigjay4x4
Valued Member

And what does ymmv mean?
Message 6 of 28
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I filed a report with the BBB and they deleted, which was odd b/c they verified the debt.

YMMV is your mileage may vary.

Message 7 of 28
bigjay4x4
Valued Member

Ok thanks. My credit guy is filing with the BBB and also sending info to the bureaus. Thank you for the info. It is greatly appreciated.
Message 8 of 28
bigjay4x4
Valued Member

Letters sent via fax and reg mail to compliant handler at Calvary a d to the BBB. Also letters sent to the CRA's. Crossing fingers that this will work and bump my score back up enough to get a home loan soon.
Any idea how long it might take for a response?
Message 9 of 28
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

if they're going to delete, it should be within 10 days, however, they can take about 30 (in my case), then the removal can take 30-when hell freezes over.

I actually found them pretty decent to work with.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.