Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CA collect a debt when the OC is out of business

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Can CA collect a debt when the OC is out of business

This letter makes the Collection Agency validate the debt, meaning they have to prove that you owe it! If they dont prove that you owe then the debt has to be deleted from ones credit report!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohh... ok   but they did send me the Original Bill from the OC and the Declination Letter from Allstate No-Fault   so its obvious that it was never paid.  Does that stuff matter.   Because the OC never ever contacted me.
Message 12 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yes it matters keep copies of everything, what i consider true validation is when the CA shows me my signature on something. I believe thats ultimate validation, but then again thats me! Use the letter provided it makes them have to work harder to validate you claim! Some of them are lazy and dont play by the rules like Harvard Collections, they didnt fully validate when i sent them a letter!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

my signiure was on the original bill they sent me
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

the only thing they sent me with my signiture is an Assignment of Benifits form and it states.

I {My Name} Assignor hereby assign to;
{Preffered Med Imag. P.C}. Assignee all rights privileges and remedies to which i am entitled under Article 51(No-Fault provisions) of the Insurance law.

The Assignee hereby certifies that they have not received any payment from or on behalf of the Assignor and shall not pursue directly from the Assignor for services provided to said assignee for injuries sustained due to motor vehicle accident which  occurred on 3/15/04 notwithstanding any prior written agreement ot the contrary.

The agreement may be revoked by the assignee when benefits are payable based upon the assignor's lack of coverage and/or violation of a policy condition due to the actions or conduct of the assignor.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfered Med. Imag.  being the OC
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i go about doing a pfd?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.