cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CA's do a credit inquiry whenever they want to?

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Can CA's do a credit inquiry whenever they want to?

So we are trying to rebuid our credit and I get an alert today that JC Christensen (a CA) who #1 two days ago threatened to send my file to their attorneys if I do not pay the debt by Aug 31st (after i very kindly explained I didn't have the money to pay ANYTHING until after sept 5th...just did an inquiry on my credit report!  I don't appear to have dropped in score at least on Experian (which is where I have a free credit monitoring through my credit union for 6mo) and nothing has come through on myFico...so can they do this whenever I want?  My creditmonitoring service said to DISPUTE the inquiry if I didn't authorize it...which i didn't but i wasn't sure if i should do that or not?

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Can CA's do a credit inquiry whenever they want to?

Yes, they can pull a CR for collection purposes.

They also can see, if you changed jobs, see who you are paying and what available credit you have, etc.

I had one CA that had an attorney name attached to it, some how acquired 3 of my largest debts, one at a time.

The first time they served papers on me, I paid before the court date and they agreed to cancel the court.Also delete item from CA.

Almost 1 yr later, the same CA/lawyer came calling again.We did the same song and dance routine.

Then about 6mos later, yup the same CA. My mind said "Something fishy is going on here" Then is when, I went to the computer to find information and found this place and I'm still here. Wanting to help others,so they don't have to go thru the same song and dance routine like I did.

This all happened because the CA/lawyer was viewing our (DH & I) CR's.They are snecky little rats, to say it nicely.

So be careful on what you put on loan/credit apps. I dont put my cell number on loan/credit apps, because if it did everyone who pulls my CR would have it. I only use my home phone on credit/loan apps. DH and I dont even pick it up, we let who ever calls to leave a message.We can be snecky too.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
mocha82
Regular Contributor

+1

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 again.  Good advice!   Make sure you opt out.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.