cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be doing anything better? This is a long post...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Can I be doing anything better? This is a long post...

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I want to list all my accounts and their current status to see if there's anything I can do better at this current time.  

First off I'll start by saying I began my rebuild a year ago with an Experian score of 535 and I'm not sure on EQ or TU as I wasn't paying for monitoring at the time.  Today my scores are EX 595 EQ 624 TU 612

I've had a lot of Derogs removed from all three but the rest won't budge and most don't bother me and I don't want to poke the bear.  The two NFCU charge off's I've recieved settlement letters for that I may eventually take when I have the cash.  Other than that I want to know what I can do better.

My Experian credit monitoring lists one positive for my score and that is

"You have many accounts that are in good standing"  

and then lists 4 negatives of

"Serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report."

"You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit"  this has to be from the closed derogatory accounts because all open accounts report zero except the AMEX charge card that is open ended. 

"You have one or more accounts showing missed payments or derogatory indicators"

"you have a short credit history"

My AAoA is 6 years

My youngest account is 5 months

Inquires in the last year EX 5 EQ 6 TU 5

All CU's are reporting the same exact thing except TU has a collection account that isn't on the other two.  There are no collection accounts currently reporting on EX or EQ only Charge off and some accounts have lates.

Open accounts:

USAA Secured Card - Opened Aug 2018 - $350 CL  never late always PIF before statement closes and reports zero balance every month

Capital One Auto Loan - Opened March 2019 - $19500 with a monthly payment of $360 and I pay $450 to it a week early every month

Capital One Quicksilver card - (originally a platinum that was PC'd to QS)  Opened October 2018 $500 CL PIF every month and reports zero 

Captial One QS1 card - opened Jan 2019 $1500 CL PIF ever month and reports zero

AMEX PRG - Wifes card and I'm AU.  Opened Sep 2007 reports a balance every month of 2500-3000 as my wife doesn't pay it before the statement but it's the oldest open account on my report so I don't want to remove it.  

Wells Fargo Mortgage - Opened Nov 2012 balance $260300 doesn't report an original balance.  Was 150 days late at one point and 90 days late in December of 2017.  Last late was March 2018 for 30 days.  Current since then.  

Closed accounts that were never late:

Cap One card - opened Oct 2004 $500 paid satisfacary and closed in Aug 2012 never late

Kay Jewlers card - Opeened Aug 2011 $4374 CL PIF and closed March 2015 never late

NFCU Auto loan - opened Oct 2013 and closed May 2015 PIF never late

NFCU Auto Loan - opened Dec 2012 and closed Oct 2013 PIF never late

USAA Auto loan - opened March 2013 and closed Nov 2013 PIF never late

USAA Credit Card - Opened April 2013 $2000 CL Closed in Aug 2015 due to other accounts being negative.  Current balance $585 and I pay $100 a month to it and it's never been late.

Wells Fargo Dealer Services Auto Loan - Opened Sept 2011 closed Jan 2013 PIF never late

Wells Fargo Mortgage - Opened April 2011 and closed Dec 2012 when I refied to current mortgage.  Never late

Closed derogatory accounts and charge offs:

Bank of America Credit Card - Opened Oct 2013 $5000 CL current balance $5598 charged off Aug 2015 and CO reported every month.  I haven't done anything with this account yet and they don't bother me... yet

Dept of Veterans Affairs - Opened March 2015 went to collections Aug 2015 and I paid it off in June 2019.  Last report was current paid collection.

Dept of Veterans Affairs - Opened March 2015 went to collections Aug 2015 and I paid it off in June 2019.  Last report was current paid collection.  This was a second account and not a duplicate.  One was a GI Bill overpayment for school and second an overpayment for books.  Thanks VA!

Discover Card -  Opened June 2012 and Charged off Aug 2015.  $2100 CL I paid it as a settlement and now reports zero balance and current.  Last CO reported Dec 2018

Jared Galleria jewlery - Opened Dec 2012 and charged off in Aug 2015.  $3364 CL with a current balance of $1066.  They report CO every month and I haven't done anything with this account and they don't bother me... yet

NFCU auto loan (the big one)  Opened April 2015 and charged off Aug 2015.  Current balance $26073 they report a CO every month.  They don't bother me surprisingly.

NFCU Credit card - Opened December 2012 and charged off Aug 2015. $5000 CL and $5220 balance.  They report a CO every month and they don't bother me and I havn't reached out to them.  

Syncrony Bank Amazon card - Opened Nov 2011 and charged off Aug 2015.  $2000 CL I paid this as a settlement they now report 0 balance and last CO reported Aug 2018

Syncrony Bank Discount Tire card - Opened April 2015 and charged off Aug 2015.  $500 CL PIF and last CO posted Mar 2017

Syncrony Bank Care Credit - Opened July 2012 and Charged off Aug 2015.  $500 CL and PIF now 0 balance and last CO posted July 2016

One collection account reporting on TU for ATT / DirecTV for $197

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Established Contributor

Re: Can I be doing anything better? This is a long post...

You don't want all revolving credit cards reporting a zero. The AmEx charge card is not used in the FICO scoring algorithm. Use one of your major bank cards like Capital One. Let it post a small amount like $10-$20. Then pay it after the close date. You should see a score increase.

Address your charge off/collection when you are able or hope it fall off your report in 7 years. The lenders that are reporting every month, it's going to sting every month.

Those mortgage lates are going to hurt your score too until they fall off or you set up a good will writing campaign.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.