Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a medical collections account removed? -

tag
newnew2015
New Contributor

Can I get a medical collections account removed? -

I had a ED visit that was covered by my insurance, all parties were covered (physician, facility, ambulance). I even checked with the NPI number for the physician w/ my insurance after the fact ( I worked in a medical office once Smiley Happy. I guess the physician group billing office never billed my insurance for anything even after I gave them my insurance information multiple times. I never received a EOB and confirmed with my insurance there was never a claim sent. It is now over the reasonable billing time frame for my insurance to cover it. I never received any bills from the physician group or collection company I only noticed it when it showed up on my credit report. Any recommendations on how to go about this? I can not afford to pay the bill myself as I am not working at the moment with everything going on in the world and me still being ill. -_- 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get a medical collections account removed? -

@newnew2015 wrote:

I had a ED visit that was covered by my insurance, all parties were covered (physician, facility, ambulance). I even checked with the NPI number for the physician w/ my insurance after the fact ( I worked in a medical office once Smiley Happy. I guess the physician group billing office never billed my insurance for anything even after I gave them my insurance information multiple times. I never received a EOB and confirmed with my insurance there was never a claim sent. It is now over the reasonable billing time frame for my insurance to cover it. I never received any bills from the physician group or collection company I only noticed it when it showed up on my credit report. Any recommendations on how to go about this? I can not afford to pay the bill myself as I am not working at the moment with everything going on in the world and me still being ill. -_- 

From @gdale6 previous suggestions, #5 might be your best choice. 

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.