cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I request a different investigation type?

tag
annakathleen
Valued Member

Can I request a different investigation type?

Ok.  I have learned the hard way that when you do an online dispute eOscar is the way they investigate and all the CA has to do is click a few times and bam. Dispute status of "remains" shows up on my online dispute console. It is NOT A VALID DEBT for crying out loud!!!!! This is NOT a frivilous dispute!!!! AHHH frustrated!!!!

I thought for a brief second that I saw as a reply to a post on here, a letter(author unknown) requesting an investigation that was NOT done through eOscar. I have searched and searched and can't find it again. Is that possible to fax the CRA a dispute, and demand that the CA send actual documented validation of a debt? sorry if I am overlooking it, but I can't find that letter I saw anywhere......

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I request a different investigation type?

@annakathleen wrote:

Ok.  I have learned the hard way that when you do an online dispute eOscar is the way they investigate and all the CA has to do is click a few times and bam. Dispute status of "remains" shows up on my online dispute console. It is NOT A VALID DEBT for crying out loud!!!!! This is NOT a frivilous dispute!!!! AHHH frustrated!!!!

I thought for a brief second that I saw as a reply to a post on here, a letter(author unknown) requesting an investigation that was NOT done through eOscar. I have searched and searched and can't find it again. Is that possible to fax the CRA a dispute, and demand that the CA send actual documented validation of a debt? sorry if I am overlooking it, but I can't find that letter I saw anywhere......

Are you refering to a direct dispute with the creditor? That would be the prefered dispute process because it does not get sanitized through eoscar...

You can also do a method of verification to the CRA.. this will provide you with some additional information..

The only way you can demand any 'actual documentation' of a debt would be in legal discovery with the CA, via a lawsuit.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.