Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sue or threaten a lawsuit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I sue or threaten a lawsuit

I'm buying a house in the next 6 months. I've been vigorously getting my credit score to the best standing I can. It's been an uphill battle for almost the past 3 years as far as getting inaccurate negative information off my reports, correcting information on my reports and more.

I finally got two duplicated student loan entries to be deleted this month and wondered why my score did not increase more than it did. In checking my report, I noticed the addition of two collection accounts on my report - for $105 and $77. I clearly remember these accounts. First, they are more than 7 years old. Second, they were paid to the original creditor and were inaccurately reported as in collection. I had these items disputed MANY years ago and they were deleted from my report. Now they have been re-reported as unpaid and a "reported" date of 8/08.

I am seriously ticked off. I'm tired of there not being stricter regulations for these collection agencies and some type of fine for inaccurately reporting and screwing up someone's credit score.

These were paid - more than 7 years ago and now they are showing as unpaid and just reported. I want to sue or threaten with a letter or something. I'm so upset that I have to waste my time and have my score dinged again for two collection agencies that are reporting inaccurate information. This is my credit score and it's become more important than a social security number and I'm just sick and tired of these moron companies that can come in and wreck havic on a person's credit.

What, if anything, can I do here besides dispute and sit and wait ANOTHER 45 days for my score to be corrected, updated, or - god forbid - verified (knowing how some of these credit bureaus "verify").
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I sue or threaten a lawsuit

In looking at the location of one of these credit collections - it is MORE THAN 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, isn't there some type of action that can be taken? If I were to go out to make a major purchase today, I would be paying a higher interest rate because of the decrease in my score due to this idiotic reporting. I am the one that would be paying out of my pocket MORE MONEY because of these errors. Enough is enough - isn't there some of protection for consumers from this. If not, why?

Message Edited by mxnuy1 on 08-19-2008 09:35 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were these ever reported as collections before? If so, do you have copies of reports and what the DOFD reported was?

I would send a DV letter to the CA. Send it CMRRR.

As soon as they sign for it, dispute with the CRA "inaccurate FCRA compliance date"

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

And....in regards to suing, there is sections of FCRA and FDCPA that deals with willful and negilent non-compliance.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.