cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a collection show up on your report years after it was first reported?

tag
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can a collection show up on your report years after it was first reported?

All my collection accounts are from medical debt.  I had one judgment which I am trying to file a motion to vacate where I will pay the lawyer and then have the account and the collection account removed. I just sent out money orders after getting PFD letters from three other CA's representing doctor's offices.  Today when I pulled up my experian, I noticied 10 new entries from the hospital and these range from $30 to $600.  These are all from the same time period.  There are actually a few more doctors that had sent letters saying the debt would go to collecitons but I never heard from them and they never reported them.

Coincidentally, I work at the hospital in question in the billing department and I know a few financial counselors so I will talk with them when I go back to work to see if they can help me out.

They really have to figure something out with medical debt and how it is reported on your CR.  Medical debt has to many variables to characterize someone as a credit risk.  Also I even heard that some mortgage lenders don't even pay attention to medical debt.

Now it becomes even more confusing.

Message 11 of 13
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@danny4l wrote:

All my collection accounts are from medical debt.  I had one judgment which I am trying to file a motion to vacate where I will pay the lawyer and then have the account and the collection account removed. I just sent out money orders after getting PFD letters from three other CA's representing doctor's offices.  Today when I pulled up my experian, I noticied 10 new entries from the hospital and these range from $30 to $600.  These are all from the same time period.  There are actually a few more doctors that had sent letters saying the debt would go to collecitons but I never heard from them and they never reported them.

Coincidentally, I work at the hospital in question in the billing department and I know a few financial counselors so I will talk with them when I go back to work to see if they can help me out.

They really have to figure something out with medical debt and how it is reported on your CR.  Medical debt has to many variables to characterize someone as a credit risk.  Also I even heard that some mortgage lenders don't even pay attention to medical debt.

Now it becomes even more confusing.

Yeah medical debt is a different animal all together.. I think working for the hospital in question, you have the inner track to get these taken care of..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 13
danny4l
Frequent Contributor

I'm still fuming mad that I sent those money orders after seeing these new entries.  It's crazy, it's like they saw me pay those debts and then they taked a few more on.

Regarding the money orders though, did I do the right thing?  The new hospital debt looks bad right now but since I work there, I am sure I can work something out.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.