Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can credit collection reappear

tag
trella27
Established Member

Can credit collection reappear

A couple of months ago, I disputed a credit collection that was deleted from my EQ report. Well, it reappear. Is there anything I can do to have this removed again

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can credit collection reappear

If it was removed due to your dispute and the creditor not verifying, yes, it can be reinserted by the creditor or another CA.  But the CRA has to cerify the debt is valid before reinsertion and you have to be notified within 5 days of the reinsertion.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can credit collection reappear

+1

Stated differently, lack of verifcation is not absolute, and can be provided after a dispute is concluded.

However, the lacking verification must be provided to and accepted by the CRA before they can reinsert.  If that process is followed, the CRA is required to send you notification within 5 business days that they have reinserted based on receipt of verification.

If information deleted based on lack of prior verification in a dispute reappears and you receive no notice from the CRA of their reinsertion, you have a violation of the reinsertion restrictions of the FCRA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.