cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me where to start? Please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone tell me where to start? Please.

I have disputed this multiple times and I agree that I don't want to "over-dispute."

I have written a letter to Wells Fargo Auto Finance to see if they will update it, so I am hoping this will change the way it is being reported.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you belong to a CU?. You might want to take out a shared secured savings loan. Great rebuilder. No credit pull at all.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently started to understand, pay attention to and correct my credit reports.   One thing that I was able to easily fix was students loans that showed late payments but had actually been retroactively put into deferment.   Don't know if this might be similar to any of your student loan lates, but I had 6 separate student loans each showing late payments for three months in a row.  When I sent in my dispute along with deferment documentation from Fed Loan Servicing, those negative notations were corrected and my scores increased over 20 points each.    I did have another student loan, which also showed lates during a retroactive deferment, but that one was not corrected and I will try another approach to this one.  That lender was ACS Education Services.   Good luck!    (FYI,  I submitted my dispute and documentation to Experian online and to Transunion via USPS.)  

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info.

My lates were also retroactively put into deferment, but still reporting as lates. Maybe I can send the info into the CRA's showing the period of deferments!

Also, first time I heard of a secured share loan. I will check it out!  Thank you!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.