Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find DOFD

tag
krit
Regular Contributor

Can't find DOFD

I have a collection from DRS that I remember seeing a fall off date of March, 2022 but I can't remember where I saw that. It looks like it was sold to DRS by another CA at some point and DRS has been reporting it as new every month.

My paper reports show it with a slightly different amount, and due to fall off Sept, 2022. How would I find the DOFD? I wanted to request early deletion in a couple of months but if it's Sept I'll have to wait. Can the CRA see the DOFD? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
krit
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't find DOFD

Sorry for the formatting. I'm still getting the hang of it. 

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Get your real free reports at annual credit reports. It will say on them when the DoFD is and actual C-Ya date.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action 

If your in range of the fall off date you can call not dispute each CRA and ask for early exclusion.

TU - 6 months early
EX - 3 months early
EQ - 30 days early, but don’t do it. They'll mess it up sometimes.

Message 3 of 8
krit
Regular Contributor

Thank you. My TU and EX paper reports are where I'm seeing this information. I searched the site before posting and noticed someone saying that TU and EX only show the fall off dates. I'm hoping that whenever I do request early deletion, the CRA will be able to determine the DOFD. Otherwise I don't know how I could prove it. (This is all moot if the fall off date is Sept of course.) Thanks again for the guidelines. I'll keep that in mind. 

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The DOFD is the date the account first becomes late, never brings the account current, and then a charge off or collection ensues. The confusion arises when consumers try to find their DOFD on their credit report and they get it confused with the Date of Last Activity (DOLA).

Message 5 of 8
krit
Regular Contributor

Exactly. It's a medical bill that my insurance should have paid. I've disputed it every way possible yet it sticks. I just wish there was a way to find out the date it first became delinquent. I'll be really glad when it's gone. It's my last baddie. 

Message 6 of 8
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

If you look around there is a 5 step? Program on how to make bad medical bills good. Can't remember how it goes, but roughly recall to the md, charity case etc. Maybe someone will jump in with it

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Credit to Moderator @gdale6

Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.