Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't rebuild

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, but have been lurking for about a month now. In that month I have learned so much and I have helped my husband rebuild. The problem is now I can't rebuild. I have 4 negatives on my report that I have no knowledge of, and I cant get rid of them to rebuild. This is the first time in 8 years I have looked at my credit report / score.

I cant even get my scores with Fico because they dont have any... I do not get it? I did each report seperatly and I learned I have 1 score with EQ at 525.. Very Bad I know. and I believe this is due to the 4 collections on the account.

I am so at a loss. I applied for secured cards and was declined because of no scores. I dont know what to do. Now that I am older with a family I realize how important credit is and I want to rebuild so badly, but how can I rebuild with no scores.. Can anyone give me some words of encouragement and or advice on what I should do?

Thanks so much!Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can't rebuild

Welcome to the forums!

You'd probably want to start with reading these:

Common Abbreviations

What Steps Do I Take?

and Credit Scoring 101

Next, if you have not done so, order all 3 reports. You can do so for free via annualcreditreport.com. I also recommend ordering all 3 through here. Now I noticed you had issues with TU and EX via myFICO. In order to get a FICO score, you'd need 6 continuous months of credit history (non-collections). Do you have any open accounts like a car, mortgage, a loan, or CC? If not and none are reporting, then that is likely the culprit.

Start repairing before rebuilding. Something on EQ is giving you some sort of history. Figure out what it is and don't touch it. But tackle everything else. Post back in a new thread for details. Others may ask for your DOFD, details on baddies, SOL, and debt type. Via legit repair, and negotiating with old baddies, you can get them removed.

Secured card is a good start. But repair first. That will bring your scores up and put you in a better position later. If you app now, you'll end up with a biunch of inquiries with nothing to show for it.

GL

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.