Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they sue in my state?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Can they sue in my state?

I have tried to get this answered in another thread about the actual CA in question, but have not gotten any responses.  I have been gettig contacted with Bronson & Miggliacio, but I have not communicated with them yet since I want to get all my ducks in a row first.  I have seen reports of them getting into trouble for threatening to sue in states they can't legal bring suit in.  How could I find out if they are able to bring suit in my state?  From what I have heard, the will almost certainly THREATEN to sue when I talk to them, but it would be nice to know if they can actually follow through on that threat before I determine how to properly deal with them.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can they sue in my state?

Go to your states Attorney General website and see if they list valid collection agencies in your state.

If not try to google it and see what you find. What state are you in?
Message 2 of 3
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Can they sue in my state?

I am in Wisconsin.  According to the B&M website, this is one of the states they are licensed in, but it looks like the lawyer licensed in WI is located in VA--kid of strange.  I will see what I can find on the Attorney General site.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.