Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you dispute from True Credit?

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Can you dispute from True Credit?

I just found a lovely collection from Comcast (which NEVER happened) on my credit report. It came on after 2 1/2 years! I need to dispute it...can I dispute it from True Credit (if I join) or should I buy all 3 reports on here again and do it from here? Scorewatch hasn't told me about the collection affecting my account even though it was pulled yesterday for a mortgage and my score was lower than on here. I have already called the collection agency and they are disputing it with comcast and comcast has started a write off ticket...but who knows where that might lead? I need to dispute it myself.

Thanks for all your help!

Hoping to pay off ALL my credit cards in the sale of my house, roughly raising my scores to 720 plus for the first time in years!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you dispute from True Credit?

Yes, you can dispute TU only from TC, but don't dispute.

Send the CA a DV ASAP.

Never ever call a CA.
Message 2 of 4
itzateach
Regular Contributor

The ca says that they resent it in after their first phone call and it came back verified by Comcast. But when I called Comcast 2 diff reps couldn't find it anywhere. Should I still send a DV to the CA?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

itzateach wrote:
The ca says that they resent it in after their first phone call and it came back verified by Comcast. But when I called Comcast 2 diff reps couldn't find it anywhere. Should I still send a DV to the CA?

Send the DV. It could be that Comcast's records are not available to frontline CSRs or maybe the account was sold.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.