cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do an EE on top of NY 5 YR Purge ?

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Can you do an EE on top of NY 5 YR Purge ?

Can i do 6 months prior to the 5 years or is the 5 years already considered an EE?

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Can you do an EE on top of NY 5 YR Purge ?

Message 2 of 8
RopeIsGettingShorter
Established Member

Uh, what's this about NY's 5 year purge?? Do you have to currently live there to do this or can you have just lived there when the derogs or account originated? Just first hearing about this and its making me wish I still lived there lol

Message 3 of 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

Can i do 6 months prior to the 5 years or is the 5 years already considered an EE?

does TU's estimated removal date account for purge law at all and show 5 years instead of 7 year fall off time?

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

More info from 07/22:

@mfinsmi1you responded in it. It seems it must be paid/settled.

You must be a resident before during and after the purge. Moving to another state wont cut it. You'll see.

(iv) accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years; or accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss, which have been paid and which antedate the report by more than five years;

https://casetext.com/statute/consolidated-laws-of-new-york/chapter-general-business/article-25-fair-... 

Message 5 of 8
prologue
Established Member

I was not aware of this rule. Does the same apply for accounts paid less than full too?

Message 6 of 8
Bmom
Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:
Read Post #2
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/NYS-5-year-purge-rule/td-p/5561779 
Thank you so very much for this post! I got one old auto Oops off my Experian with this! Will call transunion tomorrow. Calling was the only way. I'll be using more of this. Exquifax is just a lost cause until I can get it un-split or whatever... ugh
Thank you, thank you,  thank you!!!
EQ 784, TU 700, EX 683
Mortgage 5, 4, 2: EQ 783, TU 683, EX 661

Starting (started months ago, checked scores after some improvements): EQ 599, TU 653, EX 672
Mortgage 5, 4, 2: EQ 592, TU 657, EX 639
Message 7 of 8
Santaclausthereal
Contributor

no you must wait until 5 years not 6 months early you cant combine them 2 different rules

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.