cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get approved with 4 old open collections for walmart and cheveron?

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Can you get approved with 4 old open collections for walmart and cheveron?

Any advice would help Smiley Happy

The collections are over a year almost two years old

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
intherightdirection
Established Member

Re: Can you get approved with 4 old open collections for walmart and cheveron?

I don't know, but you can try http://whogavemecredit.com/ and see if you can find out more info.

Good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

I did go to that site a while ago, and filled out for a Walmart, but I got rejected.  :-}  I think it was because I had 3 other open collections.  I am down to 4 and they are old.  The reason they declined was too many open collections but now I have 3 less.

Starting Score:

Message 3 of 13
dianna98

I currently have one open collection and asked my LO if it had to be paid off before I could get a mortgage. He stated that it did not need to be paid off but his reason was that I have been making recurring payments on the account for over a year. I was surprised by the answer because the balance is $2500 and I thought I read somewhere that if the balance was over $1000 you wouldn't qualify for a loan.
Message 4 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

I did go to that site a while ago, and filled out for a Walmart, but I got rejected.  :-}  I think it was because I had 3 other open collections.  I am down to 4 and they are old.  The reason they declined was too many open collections but now I have 3 less.

Don't press your luck LoveGood Credit. Most lenders will consider 1 collection that is less than 2 years old "too many open collections".

Keep working the PFDs and you will be in fine shape in just a month or two. I am quite sure you will start seeing a score bump as you remove these last collections. If you apply now and are denied, the HP will drop your score lower and you will not be able to apply for another month anyway.

I'll make it easy on you. Just pretend you are at the Walmart site and have just applied for their card.

"YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED CREDIT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MANY OPEN COLLECTIONS"

There...I saved you a hard pull! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 5 of 13
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

LOL!

Thank you!

Yes, I have those 4 left but ran out of money to pay those till next year.  My focus has changed on someones health issues so I am having to put this on hold till after the new year.

I was going to try in the mean time but I agree with you, I dont think it is a good idea.    Do you get a bump after a certain amount of good payments?  I havnt been able to find anything on that. 

Starting Score:

Message 6 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

LOL!

Thank you!

Yes, I have those 4 left but ran out of money to pay those till next year.  My focus has changed on someones health issues so I am having to put this on hold till after the new year.

I was going to try in the mean time but I agree with you, I dont think it is a good idea.    Do you get a bump after a certain amount of good payments?  I havnt been able to find anything on that. 

What?!!!

You are on the cusp of actually increasing your scores and you are quitting now! Not an acceptable course of action LovesGoodCredit! The reason you are in this predicament in the first place is because you have this attitude! You must manage your credit through good times and bad times. How good have those excuses worked with lenders this go around?

You need to come up with some money to have these remaining COs removed. At least get 1 more removed, your scores will go up to where you can get another card! Start with the cheapest one.

Tell your husband that hurricane season is over. Have him sell that generator that has been sitting in the garage collecting dust on Craigslist. Tell him dinner is rice and beans until he comes up with some money for you to finish your credit repair!

Don't stop now!

To answer your question:

Yes, scores will continue to rise as good marks on your reports out weigh the bad marks. This only works to a point and it takes a long time. We're talking years and not months.

You are so close! Don't stop now!

Message 7 of 13
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

K, I have the one for 156 that I may be able to get done.

I gotta find a way to make some extra cash to pay it off.   I am going to think how I can do this.

Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score:

Message 8 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

I gotta find a way to make some extra cash to pay it off.   I am going to think how I can do this.

Smiley Indifferent

That's more like it.   Make that your current goal.  I realize that money does get tight.  But don't completely stop your rebuild.  You can throttle back a bit, but don't turn the engine off!

@Anonymous     Thank you for advice and cheering her on!   

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

Smiley Indifferent

That's more like it.   Make that your current goal.  I realize that money does get tight.  But don't completely stop your rebuild.  You can throttle back a bit, but don't turn the engine off!

@Anonymous     Thank you for advice and cheering her on!   

Gosh, I would just hate for her to stop now when she is sooooo close to actually gaining some points!

You can do this LoveGoodCredit!

Skimp on a few purchases. Cut your spending anywhere you can. You can make it happen.

Talk to the husband, make sure you are both on the same page. Maybe he knows where he can get a couple hundered bucks for you to carry on?

What does your husband have to say about your credit repair anyway?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.