Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 prequal 2 apps one Hp?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 prequal 2 apps one Hp?

@rubicon wrote:
@Anonymous what were your scores when you rec'd your discover it? Also, is it secured or unsecured? And is your navy federal secured or unsecured?

I don't have those, if you hover you'll see they are "wishlist" items. I want to develop a relationship with Citi, Discover and NFCU. Discover declined me for the IT card (which I knew they probably would), I was super impatient and didn't wait for USAA to hit my reports, some deletions and an update to Cap1 balance that I accidentally let report with 96% util last month. My scores were around 560 and they pulled EQ. 

I am still waiting for my membership with NFCU to be processed. I might apply for an unsecured card first (now that things have updated for the most part), but I'll definitely at least get the secured card. 

Odd sidenote, I actually bank with Discover and that seems to have no baring on getting a card with them. *grumble*

Message 11 of 13
rubicon
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'm strongly considering going for the discover IT card but i dont know if my 616 EQ will cut it
Starting FICO: 5/19/16 EX-586, EQ-555, TU-545
FICO 7/22/16 EX-652, EQ-636, TU-589
FICO 8/22/16 EX-659 EQ-628 TU-612
FICO 10/27/20 EX-687, EQ-664, TU-672
FICO 6/14/23 EX-707 EQ-698 TU-712
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rubicon wrote:
Thanks, I'm strongly considering going for the discover IT card but i dont know if my 616 EQ will cut it

I looked through the CB's database and some people with high 500's get approved. I'm not entirely sure of their exact criteria but they do say "fair" credit is their requirement. And you can always call them for a reconsideration if you get declined. If still no luck, you can use the HP to get another secured card. And Discover's Secured card will unsecure if used properly.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.