Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 secured credit limit increase!

tag
evsports7
Contributor

Cap 1 secured credit limit increase!

Hello all,

I have a capital one secured visa with a $200.00 limit on it. Ive had the card for about 6 months and I woke up yesterday and seen a 300 limit increase. I want to inform everyone that capital one is still doing credit limit increases on the secured cards, i was not enrolled in credit steps either.

My main question is, is this now converted over a an unsecured card now that i recieved a credit increase? or should i call capital one and ask?

Thanks guys

Credit Profile: Started (2/6/2016): EQ 516, EX 542, TU 543
FICO 08 (11/4/2016): EQ 634, EX 647 , TU 645
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 secured credit limit increase!

It's still a secured card. And this is most likely the only CLI you'll get on it.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very lucky. I called cap 1 recently to ask about an increase in my secur d card and was told they don't do increases
Message 3 of 16
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increase.  It's still a secured card.   They could increase it again in the future - when I was rebuilding, I got one and I got an increase from 200-300 in about 2 months, like you did.  Then maybe a year or so later, they increased it to $750.  No increase after that though.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!! Congrats!!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got mine last week too !! It's been 6 months & I didn't use it that much since I ended up getting 2 unsecured cards.

It started at $200 w/ $99 down. Scores when I got it were in the mid 500 range. 

Scores as of today:

EX - 660

EQ - 641

TU - 639

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You are very lucky. I called cap 1 recently to ask about an increase in my secur d card and was told they don't do increases

They do not do increases on secured cards at the customers request. But they will often give one automatically at 6 months if conditions warrant.

Message 8 of 16
evsports7
Contributor

Thanks everyone for the feedback. 

Should i try to apply for an unsecured credit card through capital one? As i currrenlty do not have any unsecured cards. Ive had my cap one secured since FEB 16

Credit Profile: Started (2/6/2016): EQ 516, EX 542, TU 543
FICO 08 (11/4/2016): EQ 634, EX 647 , TU 645
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just closed my secured card that I got on Feb 14 or 15th cause it served it's purpose. I was lucky to improve my score and get an application in june before they made there 6 month in between app rule. That being said it's been over 6 months since u applied I personally would. The prequal never works for me but I am opted out.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.