cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Chargeoff from 2004...NCO took it over in 2005....BUT NCO IS NOT REPORTING?!

tag
RichieNY
Contributor

Cap One Chargeoff from 2004...NCO took it over in 2005....BUT NCO IS NOT REPORTING?!

Why is NCO not reporting

Cap One is reporting the chargeoff but the CA that bought it has had it since 2005 but is not reporting

why? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One Chargeoff from 2004...NCO took it over in 2005....BUT NCO IS NOT REPORTING?!

I don't have an answer, but consider yourself lucky. Its just one less baddie on your reports.
Message 2 of 10
RichieNY
Contributor

Re: Cap One Chargeoff from 2004...NCO took it over in 2005....BUT NCO IS NOT REPORTING?!

if cap one and NCO are affiliated maybe they arent reporting it because cap one is
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO is a collection agency that collects for many creditors.

It is possible that NCO no longer has the account, which is why they are not reporting.

Are you getting letters from NCO or did Cap One tell you NCO bought it?

Message 4 of 10
RichieNY
Contributor

tried to PFD with cap one

they told me NCO bought it

NCO has not attempted to collect...NCO has not called me

NCO has had the account since 2005

Message 5 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Do you know when it's due to drop off? 
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO bought my CAP 1 acct. also and I paid it off before I found this site and they have never reported.  But, like it was said before, consider yourself lucky, and blessed that they aren't.  I am really glad they are not reporting because it would be just like another baddie on my CR and that Cap one charge off will drop off in couple of years any ways.  Which, that is alright for me because I am not trying to make any major purchaces for atleast 5 years.
Message 7 of 10
RichieNY
Contributor

cap one back door number and a chargeoff

so i wonder if ill have any success  getting a chargeoff removed with cap one through the backdoor number

the chargeoff was bought by NCO so it is marked as a paid chargeoff

any luck with the backdoor number?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap one back door number and a chargeoff

I've merged your two threads as they are dealing with the same thing.

Your best bet would be to GW Cap One, but they aren't very nice from what I hear.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap one back door number and a chargeoff

did you have any luck with the charge off?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.