Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One EO deletes 2 late payments!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One EO deletes 2 late payments!!!!

After countless GW letters and even 3 emails to the EO that we ALLLLL replyed to with a "we cant change correct information"....today I finally got the call that I have been waiting for. 

2 late payments from Dec 2015 & Jan 2016 will be taken off of my account. - My reps name was Nick.  He called me last Thursday and told me that he got my e-mail and that they were going to research it and get back to me either Friday or Monday.  No call Friday and then at 9:30 AM on Monday ( today ) I got the call and he told me that he had good news for me and my heart just sang!!!!  I am beyond happy!!!!!

I was told that they would send me a letter detailing what they are going to do and that it could take up to 60 days for the lates to come off of the credit bureaus but that they have submitted it for removal.

I am soooo happy!!

Just goes to show that persistance pays off !!

Keeeeeep at it everyone!!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap One EO deletes 2 late payments!!!!

Way 2 go!!! Great job being persistantSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Wonderful success, Shannon.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great news!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now only if I could get Barclays to drop my late payment like you did with Capital One.

I guess it isn't enough for them to ruin my credit in every way possible, not ever give me rewards on purchases, and charge me a ridiculous interest rate to take advantage of people in their early 20's.

It is pretty surprising Capital One dropped your lates. I would think Capital One would be the last lender to give something back to their consumer, other than through their purchase rewards of course.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did this take you in total? Same email to them over and over, or did you change it up. I too have a single late with cap 1 and they are my only late on record and I'd love to clear it up. It's coming up on 4 years old here soon and man it would be nice. I have tried twice, first time they messed up somehow and never really looked at it that I could tell, the other time I got the standard answer you did.

I may need to try again, it would surely raise my score to get it removed.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

glad it all worked out!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long did this take you in total? Same email to them over and over, or did you change it up. I too have a single late with cap 1 and they are my only late on record and I'd love to clear it up. It's coming up on 4 years old here soon and man it would be nice. I have tried twice, first time they messed up somehow and never really looked at it that I could tell, the other time I got the standard answer you did.

I may need to try again, it would surely raise my score to get it removed.

Lates don't effect your score anymore after a couple of years. They stay on your report but removing it would only delete the record at this point. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think mine is hanging on, it's not a normal late it's a single late that went to 120 days old. So I show a 30, 60, 90 and 120 all in a row. I feel like I've read that 120s hang on til the end? Am I wrong about this?

I have that one late and a paid tax lien at 4 years old too and that is it and I seem to be at a hard cap in my score at 730.

Don't worry, After finding these two things I started handling my own money and the joint account went the way of the Dodo. I will never be late again in my life lol. Total shock to me when I found the lares and tax lein. Both paid in full the day after I found out about how them.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.