Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Help PLEASE

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Cap One Help PLEASE

I only have two baddies on my credit report now.  One is Capital One, that was a paid/settlement from 2/2016.  Before I came across you amazing group of people, I was trying to fix my credit on my own.  Here is my issue that has me so upset.

The account was settled for less amount in 2/2016 and hasn't reported since that date.  Moving forward to September 13, 2018, I thought maybe if I called and at least paid the amount that they charged off, it would look better to at least have a paid account with them, rather than them showing charge off.  Not to mention, I felt it was the right thing to do as, after all, it was my debt.  I was going thru a terrible time in life for a few months and just didn't care about anything.  I've since bounced back to a better place.  Now,  I called Cap 1 and spoke with a lady in the recovery department and asked her what amount was charged off.  She advised me that it was $75.16.  I explained the situation to her and said that I'd like to pay this, but I just want to make sure this won't hurt my credit report at all by doing so.  Her exact words to me were "This account is already closed and settled.  Paying the charged off amount won't change anything."  So, I paid... two weeks later, Transunion score drops by over 90 points.  Soon, Exp and Equ drop about the same.  I immediately called Cap 1 to get this straightened out, and I've gotten nothing but the run around.  One supervisor, Ebony, tells me on 10/22, that she will correct this and send to credit bureaus.  Never done.   Now the account is showing CO for every month since 2/16 thru 9/2018, making it look like a current charge off.  I don't know what I can do.  Anything at all?  I'm so stressed over this.  I try to do the right thing and in the end, it destroys everything I've done Smiley Sad 

4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap One Help PLEASE

Maybe just maybe Ebony did do the correction and it hasnt updated yet. Or you got a crappy deal. If it does update and is changed. Then tackle the other 2 CRA's. Heres hoping the truth was told. Keep us updated.

Message 2 of 5
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  I got an Experian alert today, showing an update from Cap 1 and also another 4 point drop in score, showing November 5th as the update and latest payment of 9/13/2018.  It just keeps getting worse. Smiley Sad.   So now, it shows my first DOFD in 9/2015 with 120 days on 02/2016.  No mention of my settlement payoff anywhere, and a CO in EVERY month from 2/2016 to 9/2018.  Is there a way I can hold them accountable for what I was told?  That paying the good faith payment would not affect the account at all?  Surely, you would think they would look at the account and it be obvious my story was truth.  Thanks for your reply Firemedic!  I was a medic for several years before going to nursing school Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact the Capital One Executive office (CEO) for customer service.

Message 4 of 5
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

I've sent 3 emails to CEO asking for either a retraction of last report made, or complete deletion of trade line.  The 3rd email was sent tonight that is basically begging him or one of his executive assistants to please carefully read and consider my request.  I'm going to also send out snail mail letters tomorrow.  Although, I don't know that those would reach anyone with more authority than the CEO's office.  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.