Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Success!!

tag
thehock22
Established Member

Cap One Success!!

Hello everyone,

I've been working to repai my credit since July and have had amazing success thus far. In may my scores across the board were 519, today they've increased to 640 to 667. One service says my equifax is 730.

I'll explain in another post what I've done but lets talk about cap one. A little over a month ago I sent out a gw letter to cap one and didn't get a response. Through researching the site, I found a few ppl that had success going through the online chat. So on Friday I decided to try it out. Just mentioned I've been a valued customer for over 5 years and am in the process of getting my first home. However, have 2 lates on my credit report. Without hesitation the rep said she's getting them removed!! Excited to see what impact it has. Soooo the learning experience is sometimes the simplest things can have great results!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
localuser
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One Success!!

Thats great news!

Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
November 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 717 TransUnion 725 Experian 717
January 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 675 TransUnion 661 Experian 723
Message 2 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 7
alexak
Regular Contributor

That is awesome! I just got a resonse back saying that all the information on my report is correct. :/ Im going to try the chat right now. How did you start the convo? Im afraid they wont do it because i have on 90 day late and a few 60 day lates back to back Smiley Sad due to some financial hardships. 

Message 4 of 7
thehock22
Established Member

It's worth a shot!! I was just really really nice and polite. If the person you get doesn't help, close out and try another. Just takes 1 person willing to help!
Message 5 of 7
alexak
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I just got really excited, but trying not to get my hopes up. 

*Update* no luck, the CSR just directed me to CRA websites. :/ 

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice...  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.