Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one slowly deleting!? --question for the pro's here

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Cap one slowly deleting!? --question for the pro's here

Cap one was supposed to be dropping in July of 2010.  My TU hard copy report mentions it dropping 07/09. (works for me!!)  So this am I checked my cct....it's GONE from EQ!!!

EQ always gave a DOFD of 07/2003, but it dropped 1 year early!  Now, wouldn't this delete be coming from Cap one?  Not necessarily an early drop from the CRA....correct?

I can't wait to check over the next several days & see it gone from the other 2!  What a Happy B-Day for me! (07/06)

woop woop woop!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap one slowly deleting!? --question for the pro's here

Where are you pulling your EQ report from? I have been trying for the last 4 days to get an updated report directly from their site and keep getting an error message saying the system is down. 

Congrats on the Cap One delete!!  Mine is due to be deleted in 2011.  I only wish it would fall off early

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 26
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I had the same problem w/EQ.  Called the customer service number on the error message and she got me a new report immedietely.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'm getting my report from EQ directly.  I cannot access it from mozilla tho...gotta go through IE & it's always a slow loading system. Smiley Mad

I saw the delete first on CCT & then went to EQ directly & sure enough!  GONE! Now just hoping for the other 2 to follow suit!

But to be sure...this delete comes right from cap 1, right.  Like they are removing this from reporting?

Message 4 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can always dispute and ask that the baddie be re-added. Smiley Very Happy

I had two [CapOne] lates (30 and a 90) that were on EX and EQ only. EQ dropped it 2 months early and EX one month early. I bet $5 that CapOne is initiating the drop.

Message Edited by llecs on 07-03-2009 12:32 PM
Message 5 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

You can always dispute and ask that the baddie be re-added. Smiley Very Happy

I had two [CapOne] lates (30 and a 90) that were on EX and EQ only. EQ dropped it 2 months early and EX one month early. I bet $5 that CapOne is initiating the drop.

Message Edited by llecs on 07-03-2009 12:32 PM

Yeah Baby!!!  That's what I want to hear!!!  Over the next couple months I should have a few Neg's dropping.

Honestly, no matter the age of the accts, I would much rather see a CLEAN report...from all 3!!

Message 6 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Well.....I just saw I had a SW alert....I have officially been rebucketed!

Went from 663 to 651.  Notes:

Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:
  • There was a change on your credit report that lowered your score but did not trigger an alert. For example, the balance on an account might have increased enough to lower your score, but not enough to trigger a balance increase alert.
  • You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO® score in the future.

Bullet # 2 is it.  If anything, my balances have gone down & I know from CCT that they haven't posted yet.  One cc has a 0 balance now & will post soon, another has dropped to a $200 bal. ( +/- a couple bucks)

I'm thinking this Cap 1 acct drop sent me tothe next bucket.  The age drop dropped my score, but losing the Neg sent me to the next bucket.

Am I on the right track???
Message 7 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You may or may not have been rebucketed. Check the date of the alert first. SW alerts have been delayed because of EQ and have been delivering alerts up to a month late. That score you recevied via SW could have been last month's score.
Message 8 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

On my SW page, it says 7/2 for the date...Smiley Mad

Here's a copy of my page....  I'm sick of not budging out of this "zone" for months!!!  651 to 663 forever!! ggrrrr

7/2/2009    651 Score Watch® alert: Possible higher rate on a new HLOAN .   More info

6/22/2009  663 Score Watch® alert: Your score is unchanged. Yes More info

6/14/2009  663 Score Power report: Your score has gone up.   More info

6/7/2009    651 Score Power report: Your score has dropped.   More info

5/19/2009  655 Score Power report: Your score is unchanged.   More info

4/10/2009  655 Score Watch® alert: Your score dropped below your target of 663.   More info

3/28/2009  663 Score Power report: Your score has gone up.   More info

1/20/2009   654 Score Power report: Your score is 654More inf

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-03-2009 01:37 PM
Message 9 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. You are bouncing around like a ping pong ball in a tiny box....you weren't going anywhere score-wise.

The only way to tell if you were rebucketed is if you see your pos. and neg. factors mixed up. From personal experience, you'll recover fairly quickly. I think in February I was rebucketed and lost 17. EQ went to 614. Now it is 701 with only a 25%-30% drop in util. All else is equal other than age.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.