Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 PFD? GW? Help!

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Cap1 PFD? GW? Help!

I have searched and read tons of threads regarding GW for Cap1 for removing late fees.  My questions is this:  I had a cap1 card opened in about May of 03, I was dumb young (i'm still young, i was just younger then) and I got my BF at the time (ex BF shortly after) an AU card.  He then maxed it out and without my knowledge, it defaulted and they closed the account.  The CL was on $300.  They account was closed by CAP1 in June of 04.  A few months later I paid the balance off and now it is just showing charged off and has the lates visible on my credit report.  I have read that Cap 1 is difficult with regards to removing lates but, do I want to send them a GW to try to get them to remove the lates or is it at all possible for me to get them to remove it from my CR altogether?  I now have a Cap 1 card that I opened in March of this year.  I have PIF every time and they have just given me a cli (not credit steps) as I posted in the other thread.  Would that show at all that I have a small but already improving history with them?  I just want the darn thing gone!  Any advice is appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 PFD? GW? Help!

I would definitely try GW, but I don't know if they will go for it.  It's worth a shot for the peace of mind!
Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 PFD? GW? Help!

I'd definately try the GW.  Explain what happened.  They have the acct info that he was au, so they might go for it.  Especially, since they gave you another card since then and up'd your CL.

I say go for it!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.