Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 PFD Offer Worry Question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 PFD Offer Worry Question...

I have an old Cap1 CO (from a biz I was officer at) due to drop off anytime from September to December. Would like it off sooner as I need credit.

Last December I disputed a personal Cap1 CO and they removed it (probably was mine it said 2001 but it was more like 1999 if i remember the issue with them then).

In any event I'd like to call and do PFD since this is so old, due to drop and also time-barred. Also open to pay-for-mark-paid/closed or pay-for-reopen new card.

In any event, the credit-card # does not seem to be in their system when I call (which is weird because they DID verify with old statements).

So what they ask is 'social security # please?'. Now if I answer I'd imagine the CO they stopped reporting will show up to.

My fear is that in the process of trying to get PFD on the CO that they can't hurt me with they decide to re-report the other somehow.

Does this sound like paranoia?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 PFD Offer Worry Question...

With Cap1... ABSOLUTELY NOT!

They are terrible...  I would just wait til it is set to fall off your report... you are safer that way...  If you do decide to call make sure you are out of the SOL, they are law suit happy... if you are within the SOL i wouldn't wake a sleeping Giant...

FYI, Crap1 doesn't do PFD...  and it is next to impossible to get them to change any of their reporting... they are evil!

Good luck!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far they've been pretty cool with me but I'll keep that in mind.

I had two other COs from them drop off on dispute no problem.

They've been very civil about getting back to me about accounts and even providing documentation. I'd imagine between 2-3 disputes, queries, and a DV they'd have swung in action by now.

So then here is a question; if I apply for credit, and get it but CL is lower then I'd like due to that, when they fall off in September and I've had 3-4 months of good historhy with new card, if I do a CL Request and they pull and score is significantly higher and Cap1 is gone so report clean, are chances good for good increase?
Message 3 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

These people are EVIL, evil I tell you! they told me that because all they had was JUST A BALANCE and no transaction history they would not work out a payment plan or any other agreement and WILL NOT delete if I paid it off today, tomorrow or ever.

The heck with them, they wanted my money for 6 yrs and now all of a sudden they don't want it they can rot in heck well until June or Sept of 09.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdtobefree wrote:
These people are EVIL, evil I tell you! they told me that because all they had was JUST A BALANCE and no transaction history they would not work out a payment plan or any other agreement and WILL NOT delete if I paid it off today, tomorrow or ever.
The heck with them, they wanted my money for 6 yrs and now all of a sudden they don't want it they can rot in heck well until June or Sept of 09.

If they have admitted they have no balance history then they've admitted they have no paperwork and if they have admitted that then as far as I know the are SOL.

In any event, yeah I guess I'll let it drop off.

I was hoping they'd be amenable to taking the $336 CO amount and not the $1800 they list but it sounds like a long shot.

Now I just have to figure out whether to go after Bally's;

They are off my TU/Efx after 12/07 dispute, but stuck on Exp. MOV'd em in March, ignored me. Now I can either;

let em lie and live with the 698 Experian score. I have a Paid Judgement on there that is not budging so not sure if getting a silly gym membership off will matter much.

If I concentrate on TU (the old Cap1 and a 4 year old Collection) but 710 and Efx (701 and with Midland falling off it should jump to 710-720) I should be able to get some decent credit.

Plans are;
Amazon Chase (Efx often and do a lot of shopping on Amazon as it is, always offered on each transaction)

Target Visa

Walmart

HSBC Overfdraft

Citibank Overdraft

Basically looking to build $40k - $50k in Credit Lines if possible. Originally I thought I'd have Cap1 off but since pretty clean new plan is get what I can, pay it well, and when Cap1 falls off apply for CLIs on all.
Message 5 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I also agree with those above...EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!  My last conversation ended this way after hearing no no, we never delete correct information...bla bla:

Cust serv rep: Is there anything else I can assist you with today? (in that annoying cutesy cheerful voice)

Me: No, but maybe I can help you.  Let me know if you're ever needing a heart transplant, mine is nice and forgiving!!!!  ...enter dial tone......

How you ever got them to remove anything with just a dispute is beyond me.  I have never heard any good feedback about them when it concerns a CO.

Like mentioned above...let sleeping dogs lie...you don't want to wake up that pita!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird. I must have lucked out. Just found 3 Caps on my credit-report last Fall. 99% the dates were wrong (DOFD by a year at least). Wrote to ask them for info they thanked me and referred me to NCO (which was also on report).

2 were with NCO, the corp card was still with Cap1.

Challenged Cap on the CO zero'd out they fell off. Challenged NCO ditto.

The one they hadn't sold hadn't fallen off, DV'd em and they send me docs and thanked me again asked me to call.

I sent a PFD and they thanked me again and asked me to call.

Getting glad I didn't call.

Honestly if i were a creditor not sure what my position would be.

I'll drop them though, I haven't seen evil used so many times by so many people in one thread.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.