Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne CLI-No Love

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

CapOne CLI-No Love

I have 3 CapOne cards, one issued by them that now has a $3K CL thanks to steady gardening and two issued by Orchard Bank that they bought. These two have been stuck at $500 CLs for years. I asked for a CLI on the two $500 cards (usually report $50 or less by the statement closing date) and got a vague response that there was no automatic CLI available at this time as they were monitoring the use of the existing credit line. Mind you, these two cards have never been paid late for the entire 8 years I've had them. I got pissed off and fired an email to the EO office, they just called and collected some info, asked what I wanted as far as a CL, and would I take less.

The rep said it would be 3-5 days for a decision. Fingers crossed that I'm successful. I really don't want to open a new card with a different issuer since I already have a solid history with them. If the answer is no, I might be looking elsewhere.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

Re: CapOne CLI-No Love

Good Luck! I am pulling for you.  I have had my fair share of frustration with Capital P s in regards to CLI. If you haven't done so already you should take a look at Barclay credit cards.

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 2 of 4
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

+1 to Barclay, they've been great so far - I was originally approved for 1k and they upped it to 3k the next day when I called the backdoor number.

Also given that EQ is your best score, you should look at DCU. 675 tends to be their cutoff for their lowest rates, so depending on your overall report & income you may be able to get a credit card with 3k-5k right off the bat.

Good luck with the EO request!

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 4
kjel
Established Contributor

Just logged in to set up a payment and both my $500 CL cards have been upped to $1,500 each!

Now I have a $6K combined credit limit with CapOne Smiley Very Happy

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.