cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 charged my account off even though they said they wouldn't?

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Capital 1 charged my account off even though they said they wouldn't?

I made a payment on my account 30 days ago to keep it from charging off. They made adjustments to my account. I logged in today to make another payment, and see they have charged it off.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital 1 charged my account off even though they said they wouldn't?

Is your account delinquent or did you bring it current?  How delinquent was it?

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You made a payment 30 days ago. But how late was the payment. If its 120+ this can happen.And if the payment was 30 days ago. Then your late again?

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just saw your other thread about the Sync charge offs where the Mod gdale helped you. Now this situation has popped up with another charge off. Why dont you stick to this thread so we can help. Or the other thread. Pick one. Its a bit confusing talking chargeoffs on 2 companies on 2 threads.

Message 4 of 6
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

The basis of the letter I received in the mail said the account was like 120 days past due and at risk of being charged off unless I called and spoke to someone, which I did they day of the letter. The payment was supposed to be to bring the account current, but it appears instead they charged the account off about one week ago.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Cap1 is run by computers programmed by what the higher ups want. No CSR can over ride what it does. So the CSR may have tried to help but they dont know when the computer is going to make moves. So it sounds like the timing of the late and the payment wasnt soon enough and the computer shut it down. Kinda like walking the fence and you lost your balance. And once its done. No CSR can change it. Sorry wish I had better news. Good Luck on your rebuild.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.