Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1

What are my chances of getting approved for a Cap1 card, if I have 2 unsettled cards due to past situations and my score is on the mid 500s?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital 1

You could probably get a secured card but I would wait for someone more seasoned to answer.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have answered your own question.  CAP 1 does have a secured card for credit builders but I beleive your scores have to be in the 600's.  I could be wrong though.  Good LUCK

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a secured card, however, I wanted one that can grow with me.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I got approved for a secured with 560 score, I believe
Message 5 of 11
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

I would settle those cards & see about getting them removed because with your scores you would pretty much be able to get mostly secured cards. Secured cards can grow into unsecured. Citi secured card can unsecure in 18 months with on time payments. So unless you want to try the ones that can pre qualify you or take a hard pull which most likely result in a denial for unsecure cards.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 7 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What are my chances of getting approved for a Cap1 card, if I have 2 unsettled cards due to past situations and my score is on the mid 500s?

Who are the other cards with? What do you mean by unsettled. Charge off?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The secured card is with Cap 1. They are charged off but not reported on my credit as a collection.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for an unsecured capital one card with my current scores (in signature) AND three unpaid CO with capital one at exactly the one year mark from my delinquency. They are very lenient and forgiving.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.